Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can clearly see that after going through the hole in the fender the antenna cable goes into this hole right below it which gets it into the cowl area but still not inside the cab. Where should it go through into the cab at? I may have covered it up with sound deadener or something but I don’t see any holes! Can someone point me in the right direction please?
38A91F1C-FAAE-41DA-B318-49C95D807D74.jpeg

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I can clearly see that after going through the hole in the fender the antenna cable goes into this hole right below it which gets it into the cowl area but still not inside the cab. Where should it go through into the cab at? I may have covered it up with sound deadener or something but I don’t see any holes! Can someone point me in the right direction please? View attachment 164854
Hello 66CountrySquir,

The cable then passes through the cowl into the passenger side lower A pillar base up behind the dash, there should be an antenna wire grommet there to prevent water ingress from the cowl. It's really hard to see with the dash and factory air. If I remember you might have a better look in you remove the glove box liner.

Cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no glove box. There is almost nothing in the car but I still can’t find the hole. I’m thinking I probably covered it with sound deadener. If in knew the location I will just poke through the stuff
image.jpg

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Hello,

If you can wait till tomorrow I can take a picture of the empty body shell I have and you'll be able to see exactly where the hole is.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Hello,

Here's the picture of the antenna hole.

Almost directly above the main foot vent opening.

Cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is exactly what I needed! I had covered it with seem sealer and never would have found it without you! Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts