Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) hello i have a complete 66 c4 with bell housing and converter, and donor 76 c4 complete with bell housing and converter both need rebuilding. "my first rebuild" , rebuild will be going into 66 200 motor. can i change bell housing on 76 to bell housing from 66,? converter? flex plate? and other unknown? thank you for replies.

·
Registered
347 Posts
:) hello i have a complete 66 c4 with bell housing and converter, and donor 76 c4 complete with bell housing and converter both need rebuilding. "my first rebuild" , rebuild will be going into 66 200 motor. can i change bell housing on 76 to bell housing from 66,? converter? flex plate? and other unknown? thank you for replies.
Bell housing will fit your 76. 66 torque converter will not fit the 76 and must be replaced. Manual control levers will fit IF you use BOTH levers as a set. Other than that, you should have no problems using the 76 on your 66.

·
Registered
861 Posts

C4's had 2 different bell housings.

One uses the pump bolts, the other has dedicated bolts.

·
Premium Member
4,418 Posts
Depends on exactly the model your 76 is . Does the dipstick tube go in the case the same way as the 66 ? Bellhousing bolt to the pump the same ?

Some C4 after 70 had dipstick tube going into the pan instead of the case as a comparison is why i mentioned .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hello, think? i will stay will the 66 c4 for my first rebuild, low cost, will keep you posted with my progress. thank you for replies

·
Registered
347 Posts
66 200 CID bell housing will fit any C4 transmission regardless of pan fill or case fill, though it will look funky on a pan fill. The lack of any fitment issue is why I did not mention that in my first reply.

·
Registered
861 Posts
66 200 CID bell housing will fit any C4 transmission regardless of pan fill or case fill, though it will look funky on a pan fill. The lack of any fitment issue is why I did not mention that in my first reply.
Yeah that would look odd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts