Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did 66 fairlanes come with power windows? The reason I ask is I parted out a 69 torino years ago and the previous owner had installed power windows himself. Turns out the switches are not 69 torino switches and I thought the switches may be from a 66 fairlane because I found a c6 part number on one of the single switches (c6ab 14a265a) Does anyone have pictures of the fairlane switches or maybe confirm the part number for me? TIA Gary.

·
Registered
576 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, Ford did not offer power windows on Fairlanes in 66, but if you knew the right people it could probably have happened. They were an option in 66 on Comets tho, so they can be retro-fitted if you can find a donor car. I'd like ot have a set myself...would really turn some heads at the car shows.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool man,thanks for the info. So they were an option on 66 comets eh? If they were from a comet the part number would probably be c6m,,,maybe the switches were from a full size 66? Hmmm.

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
I saw some power window switches in a Early 60's Galaxie in a junk yard in GA. Car had been there for a long time. And this was around 95?

So, could have been some Fairlanes optioned that way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did some looking around and found that 66 galaxies have a lot of c6ae part numbers-I wonder if power windows were available on them?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was sniffing around the fe forum and came across a picture of the same switches I have. Turns out they are for 66 galaxie 500 xl and 66 galaxie 7 liters. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts