Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am looking for the left and right side rocker molding trim that runs below the doors and between the wheel wells and behind the rear wheels for a 66 Fairlane. Please let me know if you have any of these pieces for sale. I am interested in a full set or any of the pieces seperately. I really really need the pair behind the rear wheels.

Thank you!

Here is a picture of what I am looking for. It will be the lower set.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Being I like fairlanes and you need it you can have it. I got alot of stuff , have to find it but know it is here. Maybe just pay shipping is all.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
427, the peice that goes between the wheels came in two lengths. The longer one is for the car and the shorter one is for the wagon with the 3 inches shorter wheel base. If you have any of the shorter ones, l or r, i'd be very interested in buying it. The longer ones can be cut down but that would be a shame. I'm also interested in the piece from the front wheel back to the door for the 4 door or wagon. Thanks

Also, I could be wrong (correct me if I am) but I don't recall the '66 coming from the factory with a piece going from the rear wheel to the bumper as shown in the picture.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The 66 500XL came with the trim that runs from the rear wheel to the bumper, the 500 just had the lower portion between the wheel wells.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
The 66 500XL came with the trim that runs from the rear wheel to the bumper, the 500 just had the lower portion between the wheel wells.

Thanks PK, pretty sure Iv'e never seen one before but I just looked in the manual and sure enough, there it was...

·
Registered
334 Posts
My '66 500 came with it from the factory. It was part of a "Spring Special" according to my build sheet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can any of you point me in a direction or help me get in contact with someone that might have these? Please.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I just got back from carlise and will look the one side if that will hael. I got only one side piece is all but ya wecome to it. I will look for it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just got back from carlise and will look the one side if that will hael. I got only one side piece is all but ya wecome to it. I will look for it.
That would be a great help. Did you see my PM out my shipping location?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still looking for any help. Does someone have a lead on someone that might have a set they took off to turn into a GT?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I've got the same Spring Special package as Fairlaniac and I need the trim piece that's behind the rear tire on the passenger side.

Previous owner used screws to hold it on so a better trim piece would look great.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've got the same Spring Special package as Fairlaniac and I need the trim piece that's behind the rear tire on the passenger side.

Previous owner used screws to hold it on so a better trim piece would look great.
Mine were the same way and corroded away. :(

Still looking for the needles in the hay stack.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts