Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any Fairlane model come from the factory without back-up lights in the taillite lens? Were they some aftermarket part?? I know I'v seen cars with them in the past...distant past tho...I'd love to have a pair for mine, if I could ever find some.

Also, was a back-up lite delete part of that option?? Or were they in the bumper, or somewhere else? I never payed any attention to that detail on the cars I saw with them.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Did any Fairlane model come from the factory without back-up lights in the taillite lens? Were they some aftermarket part?? I know I'v seen cars with them in the past...distant past tho...I'd love to have a pair for mine, if I could ever find some.

Also, was a back-up lite delete part of that option?? Or were they in the bumper, or somewhere else? I never payed any attention to that detail on the cars I saw with them.
Backup lights were an option in my 62. I have seen both. Check craigs list or eBay for the lenses your looking for. You will also need to install the wire and connect to the switch for reverse lights. Unless the wire is there in the bundle un used. Don't know about that.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'v got perfect lens with the back-up lites in them....I'v got all the catalogs and I'v looked online every place I can think of and nobody lists lens WITHOUT clear backup and chrome trim. I KNOW I'v seen them on cars in the past....Maybe made for Canadian market maybe??

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I've only seen them with the chrome trim and back up lens.....maybe what you saw were modified 66 tail lights or maybe from a Galaxie? What would be bad about having back up lights......I'm sure the harness has the attachment.

Maybe you saw an earlier year Fairlane then 66 with no back up lights...

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Well I am no Fairlane connoisseur BUT I think by 66 they all had them. Maybe you saw a 66 with 65 lenses, if even posible? I dont know. I have a 61 (its the last of the 'big' fairlanes) and I have BOTH styles of lenses. (not installed of course) So an answer may not be easy to come by on this little matter. Have you tried to "strip" one? Not for sure what you could replace the clear/white lens with tho....

·
Registered
334 Posts
In '66 there were some service vehicle Fairlanes produced less the back up light. Some European cars had an amber lens like the red one show. Somebody if the Fairlane Club has some red lense made a few years ago but I forgot who it was.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Ah, so that answers that.. If it was a cheapy fleet ya didnt get that "option" lol and on another note my aforementioned comment about the 65/66 looks to be a bust as IF i remember the 65 is 'square' in comparision to the 66's rectangle...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fairlaniac, by service, are you meaning "milatary", or just generally fleet vehicles? I knew that I'v seen them someplace, but couldn't think of where or when...other then its been years ago... It very well may have been while I was in Uncle Sams service in the 70's.

Thanks for the help!!
I'v been meaning to join the Club, and fully intended to at the Fairlane Club meet in Lexington the end of June and was REALLY disappointed when I found out that SOMEBODY in my household had planned a family reunion for that weekend...There's no telling when the big show will be held that close again.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the heads-up....I'v been out of town and just now checking in..got it on my watch list.

3 days to go and no bids..maybe I can grab it. Wonder how long I'll have ot wait before the next one will pop up for sale.

Do you know if this is a tail lite delete option?, or were the lites moved to the bumper as an experiment that didn't work out? Maybe early model year production????

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I got a pair in my 66 I took out to replace with the 67s. You can have them if ya like. I sell at swap meets but rather you have if ya need them.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I personaly have never seen a 66 fairlane without reverse lights. ive sold quite a few 66 tail lights myself. now if the question is, do the 66 reverse lights actually work? thats a differemt story ;)

if u do actualy have a tail light assembly with out reverse light lenses then please post a pic? i gotta see it

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
GTA the lens was shown on the ebay link, the housing i dunno about....

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I personaly have never seen a 66 fairlane without reverse lights. ive sold quite a few 66 tail lights myself. now if the question is, do the 66 reverse lights actually work? thats a differemt story ;)

if u do actualy have a tail light assembly with out reverse light lenses then please post a pic? i gotta see it
There's a pic at post 8 here....just rear quarter, tho

·
Registered
734 Posts
yeah was on my work comp. which means im limited to where i can go/see via web or images.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got a pair in my 66 I took out to replace with the 67s. You can have them if ya like. I sell at swap meets but rather you have if ya need them.
Hey Everyone....Does anyone know Rcode427 personally??? He hasn't been logged in since 10/29, when he made this post...That was right before the hurricane hit.

I hope him and his family are alright, I think he said he was a homebuilder, hopefully he is busy working.

He goes to swapmeets.. I'm pretty sure he meant the All Ford Swap in Columbus Ohio the day after Turkey Day. If so, He has to drive right past my house to get there and I was hoping ot make a connection and buy these lens from him.

I'v PM'ed him, but have no other way of getting in contact.

As much as I'd like the lenses, I hope he hasn't had any problems, but you always wonder when someone just disappears from forums like these...Thats one of the problems with the internet, you can interact with people that are total strangers, but you are still part of a group, someone goes away and you wonder what happened to them....At least I do...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Everyone....Does anyone know Rcode427 personally??? He hasn't been logged in since 10/29, when he made this post...That was right before the hurricane hit.

I hope him and his family are alright, I think he said he was a homebuilder, hopefully he is busy working.

He goes to swapmeets.. I'm pretty sure he meant the All Ford Swap in Columbus Ohio the day after Turkey Day. If so, He has to drive right past my house to get there and I was hoping ot make a connection and buy these lens from him.

I'v PM'ed him, but have no other way of getting in contact.

As much as I'd like the lenses, I hope he hasn't had any problems, but you always wonder when someone just disappears from forums like these...Thats one of the problems with the internet, you can interact with people that are total strangers, but you are still part of a group, someone goes away and you wonder what happened to them....At least I do...
Bump...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts