Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a rear windscreen for my 2 door? Is it possible to get a new one? Every email I send to a glass company goes unanswered, maybe because I'm in Australia. Trust me to break the hard one to get the front one is the same as our Australian 4 door. Any place to start would be handy.
Regards,
John.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Being in Australia I'd have to assume your 66 is an Aussie Falcon. If so, the glass is different on the American cars, so no help here in the states. If it's an American car then I'm sure someone here can point you the right way.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I thought they only sold the 4 door version in Australia? I'm sure that coupe has to be the same as the American version. Has to be an import.

Being in Australia I'd have to assume your 66 is an Aussie Falcon. If so, the glass is different on the American cars, so no help here in the states. If it's an American car then I'm sure someone here can point you the right way.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Here's Dearborn Classics: Rear Window Glass, Sedan, Falcon, 1966-1970 - Ford Parts

Does anyone know where I can get a rear windscreen for my 2 door? Is it possible to get a new one? Every email I send to a glass company goes unanswered, maybe because I'm in Australia. Trust me to break the hard one to get the front one is the same as our Australian 4 door. Any place to start would be handy.
Regards,
John.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Mucker, you still have not stated if its an "American" Falcon or the Aussie bred one...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry team, it's a 2 door US falcon that I imported to Australia, the front windsreen is the same as our 4 door but the rear windscreen is different. I did try Dearborn a month ago but that rear windscreen is for sedans, when I emailed them they said it will not fit the 2 door. We love your 2 doors over here but when you do dumb things like me, replacements are very hard to come by. Thanks for your help.
Mucker.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
how about using LEXAN glass?? i know its not ideal, but better than none...;)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Yeah Lexan in 3/16th" would work and a plus, is its virtually unbreakable.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've been doing some digging. According to these guys, all 2 door glass is the same. Now, that website only does flat glass, and yours is going to be curved, but they say they can locate curved glass. Give em a try I guess.

Also I'm assuming your body code is 62c.

·
Registered
289 Posts
That looks interesting. I don't need glass at the moment, but I'll save that link just in case I need them. Thanks d_day!

I've been doing some digging. According to these guys, all 2 door glass is the same. Now, that website only does flat glass, and yours is going to be curved, but they say they can locate curved glass. Give em a try I guess.

Also I'm assuming your body code is 62c.

·
Registered
681 Posts
i could be wrong but i believe all 2 dr and 4 dr had the same rear window.
if shipping wasn't so much i could sell you one im stripping a 67 right now it has all its glass still.
good luck.

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts