Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have no idea what that could be called. My '65 with a 289 doesn't have that motor setup or I'd go grab a pic of it.

Is it some sort of pressure equalizing tube from blower motor? Does it blow or suck :ROFLMAO:? The reason I ask is, if it blows, you can probably measure what size ID you'd need and find a generic 90 degree bend coolant hose to fit on there. If it sucks, that type of hose may collapse depending on what pressures we're talking about. It also looks like it could be 2 different diameters, but it could just be the pic.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

·
Registered
325 Posts
My non A/C Galaxie doesn’t have that part, but my ‘64 Lincoln has it. Or very similar anyway. it’s been a while since I had it off. I’ll go out and get a pic. It is thinner wall than a heater hose which probably makes it hard to find.

I’m curious if the Mustang part will fit. Worth taking a look at the parts manual to see if it’s the same part number.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The parts manual doesn’t give that part a name or number. That’s why I wasn’t sure where to start looking. The Mustang one looks to have a little different bend to it but if the ends are the right size I’m sure it will work.
Does anyone have a parts manual that shows a part number?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Here is another angle to what you are looking for, stumbled on this on the MAC website while looking for some other parts:

We can see it is from the 19A786 parts group.

Attached is the Ford MPC for the part number for what you are looking for. The one I linked to from MAC's, gives us the clue, but looks to be a Formed hose. (Thunderbird

parts denoted with a "S" code in the MPC. Our Galaxie's are denoted in the Ford MPC as code A parts.

Your part number is going to be C5AZ-19A786-A. We can now disregard the MAC's part, but wanted to leave all that info in so people could see the search process and how I got to the real answer. Doing a google search of the part number, I saw two on eBay, But, while in the right box, have a C7AA part number on them. That hose does not look right for what you are looking for.

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Writing

·
Registered
325 Posts
Here is the best pic I could get from my 1964 Lincoln. Unlikely it’s the same part but your photo of the blower motor certainly looked familiar. Lincoln parts can be hard to get, so it probably wouldn’t help much anyway.

Automotive tire Sleeve Automotive lighting Automotive design Tints and shades

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes. The only problem is that the tube is one size on one end and another size on the other end. It's either 1/2" by 3/4" or 3/4" by 1" - I cannot remember which.
I bought a replacement (not N.O.S.) from another vendor and cut the length to fit. If you want this information, just let me know and I will look it up.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes. The only problem is that the tube is one size on one end and another size on the other end. It's either 1/2" by 3/4" or 3/4" by 1" - I cannot remember which.
I bought a replacement (not N.O.S.) from another vendor and cut the length to fit. If you want this information, just let me know and I will look it up.
Yes, if you know where you got one and what the part number is please let me know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I apologize for taking so long to answer your question. I didn't know to look at the "Alerts" notification when someone replied to my post.

The part is/was available on Amazon from Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies in New Berlin, Wisconsin. Part # RE9025 19-black.
Description is "Black Silicone Hose 1" X 3/4" 90 degree reducing elbow". Now, the original Ford part, or at least the part that was on
my car, had a flair on the 1" end. This part does not, so it is not an exact replica of the original, I don't think.

Again, sorry for the delay in posting my answer.

Also see www.pegasusautoracing.com

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome! Thank you! I’ve got it ordered. I tried a couple other ones from random cars but nothing fit. I don’t know why there are no measurements available online for any of these vent tubes if so many different vehicles have them

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I apologize for taking so long to answer your question. I didn't know to look at the "Alerts" notification when someone replied to my post.

The part is/was available on Amazon from Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies in New Berlin, Wisconsin. Part # RE9025 19-black.
Description is "Black Silicone Hose 1" X 3/4" 90 degree reducing elbow". Now, the original Ford part, or at least the part that was on
my car, had a flair on the 1" end. This part does not, so it is not an exact replica of the original, I don't think.

Again, sorry for the delay in posting my answer.

Also see www.pegasusautoracing.com
That worked great. Just had to trim it down to fit. It looks a little different that the stock one but it’s not obvious.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts