Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am i nuts, or are front suspension parts for the 66 rather hard to find? Think i finally got most everything from Rare Parts. I was just rather amazed that Moog has practically nothing. It was easier to find parts for my 62. How about some suggestions on front springs. 460, AT, manual everything. You can laugh, but its a daily driver (short-1.5 mile-commute). Also, is polyurethane worth it on a daily driver? Thanks, fellers.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I used a 69 Mustang front end kit in my 69 Falcon wagon, which is essentially a Fairlane chassis and the same thing as your 66. Fit no problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used a complete kit from PST and everything fit perfectly. Just finished swapping the whole thing onto my 69 cougar, including rear springs. 69-70 mustang/cougar should fit it fine. I used crites motor mounts for the 429/c-6 in my '66 and it fit like a champ. manual steering adapter from mustangs plus will get you set up with the stock steering so you can just remove the power valve, ram assist (which is horrible IMHO). Just be prepared for a serious arm workout turning that sucker at low speeds with that big block!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took a little getting used to again, i must admit. i've driven mostly manual steering cars since high school. i guarantee i skip the local roundabouts and culdesacs though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts