Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is one locally for sale here in RI, asking price is $11,600. good overall condition, engine is clean, no apparent rot on frame, or body. I think there is some bondo in the front left fender. Interior is excellent. Paint is pretty good, but does have some cracking on the hood and front end.
Does this seem like a reasonable price? I could probably talk him down a bit, but am looking for opinions on the starting price.
(he said it is a 428, and that it is number correct, but didn't get into more detail with him)
Gracias!
Scott

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: psivory on 6/16/06 4:44am ]</font>

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
I would double check the 7 litre. The door tag and investigate the engine to make sure its more then 390 cu. in. (Im not an FE guy)

I'd tell him 9500 and see what he says.

How is the underside?

Is the gray striping paint or tape?

Those guys with 66 "7 Litres" sure are proud of them.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have asked around and apparently the guy is reputable, well known at the cruise nites and local shows, haven't checked the vin or anything. The grey is tape. No rot that I could see underneath, but didn't really crawl around it yet. I don't really need another one so I haven't persued it to aggressively, I'll see if it hangs around for awhile and maybe get the price down.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
I like your plan. I would imagine that the 67 would be the "show" car where the 66 would be more of a daily "summer" driver??

It very well could be a great deal, Metal work can offset a new paint job easily IMHO! If she is solid it would be a good buy. BUT if you really like the 66's then the 428 is icing on the cake.

Is that "1 of 139 built" mean that its "1 of 139" with the 428? Or 7 litres in all.

C6 or cruis-o?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He told me it was 1 of 139 built with a 428, but don't really know if that is accurate. As far as I can tell it is a C6, I think he told me it has a locker in back but can't remember now.
I could always swap the two engines! That would really make the 67 a sleeper! LOL.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
I'd bet if he took you on a test run it would be hard for you to go to sleep that night.

Locker too. Interesting.

Looks like a Holley Avenger on there.

(I am constantly looking at my email while I review this topic.
)

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Heater core on that one will be a PITA! No where near as easy as the 67.

Power brakes are a nice touch too. Can I get dibbs on the steering wheel if you buy it?

Ya know, The more I look at it.... With a rim change that thing would be f-ing sweet Scott!

Wildo

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Galaxie 500 198,532 27,454 225,986
Galaxie 500 XL 25,715 6,360 32,075
Galaxie 500 7 Litre 8,705 2,368 11,073

I'd ask what does the 139 mean. With a locker maybe?

Those disc brakes may make a wheel upgrade a PITA!!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts