Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this is too far off topic, please ignor and I apologize ahead of time. If it is on topic, I'd appreciate the input.

I've been doing a lot of digging about putting EFI on my 66 Galaxie. Due to lack of resouces to do modifications required to completly convert to a late model modular, I'm going to have to keep the existing 390 FE motor. I'd like to convert to EFI when I do a rebuild on the old motor.

I've found out that after market turn-key products are available, but very pricy (upwards of $5k for the FE motor). What I was hoping was to see is if any of you would know if it would be possible to put together a mass flow EFI system that can be configured using components from late model vehicles to make my old 'Gal purr? If it is possible, what parts from what year autos do I need to pull together. What modifications would I need to do? What are the downsides? Any idea on costs?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If this is too far off topic, please ignor and I apologize ahead of time. If it is on topic, I'd appreciate the input.

I've been doing a lot of digging about putting EFI on my 66 Galaxie. Due to lack of resouces to do modifications required to completly convert to a late model modular, I'm going to have to keep the existing 390 FE motor. I'd like to convert to EFI when I do a rebuild on the old motor.

I've found out that after market turn-key products are available, but very pricy (upwards of $5k for the FE motor). What I was hoping was to see is if any of you would know if it would be possible to put together a mass flow EFI system that can be configured using components from late model vehicles to make my old 'Gal purr? If it is possible, what parts from what year autos do I need to pull together. What modifications would I need to do? What are the downsides? Any idea on costs?

Thanks for the help.
JHov i too am thinking about adding an EFI to a 66 Galaxie. Was curious if you went through with the mod?

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
On my 489 FE I run a later model Mustang A9L computer with an LS MAF and primarily Ford parts, driven by a Quarterhorse adapter chip. However, I just started a build for my F100 where I bought an Edelbrock Pro-flo 4 EFI, it's ready to go, less a fuel pump at under 2000. Thats intake, all components, ECM, bluetooth tablet to program. I haven't got it running yet, and its not a MAF system, but hard to beat the price

1 - 3 of 3 Posts