Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the neutral safety/reverse light switch on my 66 has been bypassed cause it looks like there are some parts missing i was wondering if any one has a picture of all the components of this switch preferably on the column so i can see what is missing and maybe if someone knows if these components might be replaced and where i could be able to source one. It looks to me that there might be a little fork broken or missing that activates the switch any help would be greatly appreciated. byw this is on an automatic car

·
Registered
786 Posts
I am in the same situation on mine or I would send some. My NS switch is wired in the start position.

·
Subscriber
749 Posts
the neutral safety/reverse light switch on my 66 has been bypassed cause it looks like there are some parts missing i was wondering if any one has a picture of all the components of this switch preferably on the column so i can see what is missing and maybe if someone knows if these components might be replaced and where i could be able to source one. It looks to me that there might be a little fork broken or missing that activates the switch any help would be greatly appreciated. byw this is on an automatic car
i don't have a pic, but on my '65 Cruise-O, the spring-loaded switch has a little plastic lever that sticks out. a fork on the column engages the lever, and moves the switch around.

on mine, the spring broke- so the switch no longer moves in conjunction with the pin on the column.

they're not cheap- i've bypassed it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts