Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where replacement 66 Galaxie steering column weather seals can be bought? Or do I need to make one?

Also, is there an aftermarket steering column that will easily accept the factory steering wheel?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
21,617 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm looking for this part too. Did you ever find it anywhere? I've checked, cg, dennis-carpenter, ebay, and Dearborn.

C5AA-620-1738

·
Registered
199 Posts
That weather seal has never been reproduced. You'll probably have to make one unless you can come up with a similar one from another model.

I looked at tons of them for Fairlanes, Galaxies, Ford vans, trucks etc and could not find a close enough match that either I could make work or modify.

If you do find one, even if it's for another make (i.e. Mercury, Pontiac, etc) please share with the community!

·
Registered
104 Posts
That weather seal has never been reproduced. You'll probably have to make one unless you can come up with a similar one from another model.

I looked at tons of them for Fairlanes, Galaxies, Ford vans, trucks etc and could not find a close enough match that either I could make work or modify.

If you do find one, even if it's for another make (i.e. Mercury, Pontiac, etc) please share with the community!
'66SevenLitre:
Are there any that you purchased and tried but they wouldn't work? I'd like to cross those off my list first.

Thanks!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Didn't see any I felt could work. Ended up taking my original and fabricating around it in order to remake the original and reuse it in the car ...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just wanted to let everyone know I found a solution for the replacement of these no-longer-produced lower steering column boots. I found some Oatley rubber roof flashing who's hole fit the steering column diameter perfectly. I took the old seal, lined up the column holes, traced the perimeter and the holes and then cut it out with a razor blade. It has worked out great so far!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice job, thanks for sharing that. If you can, share a link or part number for Oatley so folks in the future can find it. Good stuff, thank you again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts