Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a Falcon Forum, but I figure someone would have info on it's ugly half sister. A friend of mine is looking to put a disc brake set-up in a 1966 Mercury Comet Caliente. Is there a later model cheap swap?

I know the full size Galaxie in 1966 can use the 77-79 T-bird set-up with almost no modification.

Is there such a thing for the 66 Mercury Comet? The car is a 289,automatic if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Vince

·
Registered
387 Posts
On my '68 Falcon I used a '69 Torino power brake setup. I would think that the '66 to '70 Falcon would be adaptable also.

I would thing that the '67 & up Mustang, Fairlane, or Torino systems should fit on the Comet.

TJ in GB

·
Registered
387 Posts
On my '68 Falcon I used a '69 Torino power brake setup. I would think that the '66 to '70 Falcon would be adaptable also.

I would thing that the '67 & up Mustang, Fairlane, or Torino systems should fit on the Comet.

TJ in GB

·
Registered
387 Posts
On my '68 Falcon I used a '69 Torino power disc brake setup. I would think that the '66 to '70 Falcon would be adaptable also.

TJ in GB

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
The trusty Granada setup will fit. I just converted my 64 Falcon and it worked great. As long as your upper ball joint has 4 mounting rivets it will accept the Granada spindle. You just have to reroute the front brake lines to a Granada front flex hose setup. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
You will also need a different tie rod end which I sourced from Mustangs plus. A good parts counterman can also source these if you give him all the specs of the old tre.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know this is a Falcon Forum, but I figure someone would have info on it's ugly half sister. A friend of mine is looking to put a disc brake set-up in a 1966 Mercury Comet Caliente. Is there a later model cheap swap?

I know the full size Galaxie in 1966 can use the 77-79 T-bird set-up with almost no modification.

Is there such a thing for the 66 Mercury Comet? The car is a 289,automatic if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Vince
are you talking front or rear discs?>
if front yes the mustang discs are a bolt on no brainer.
there are plenty of kit forms to do it also.

the rear is almost just as easy, they make bolt ons, and or a bracket that welds to the housing, and then everything bolts on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts