Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am restoring a 66 mustang coupe for my sister and would like some idea's from everyone.The car will be a nice driver,occasional show, would like a little performance but not too radical.The car has a stock 74 302 2v with a 4speed and 3.25 gears.I have a new black interior to put in it but other than that were not set on anything.So let me know what you think,colours ,wheels, performance add ons,what would you build?

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I don't know about everyone else, I'm doing a '66 restomod. T-5 with a nostalgia shifter, 302 HO from a '94 Cobra. Stock looking inside & out. Guy wants it for his 16 year old daughter. Personally I **** this, all the look, all the late model amenities. I'm thinking about a race car like this, 5.8, Vortec "S" trim, PA C-4. I think a man can build a quick one!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Throw some 17" Torque Thusts on it, install some 13" disc on all four corners, lower it about 2 to 3 inches, tint the windows, install air conditioning and a nice stereo, and you'll have a nice cruiser. That's what I would do.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm with qtrmiler on the EFI set-up. If your sister doesn't want to worry about tuning and stuff, you can't beat a good EFI 5.0. Get one from a '89-'93 Mustang (Mass Air EFI), add a few performance items, some pretty stuff, and drive, drive, drive. The lower first gear in the T-5 will help out of the hole and the overdrive is great on the highway.

Greg

·
Registered
976 Posts
I agree on the EFI.If I may add to that,if you want a few more ponies,do EFI with say an Edelbrock match package(intake,cam,etc...)I wouldnt go too terribly radical if its for a daily driver.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input guys but I was looking for a few different ideas.Whats your favourite colour on a vintage stang?What about a shelby hood scoop ,stripes,GT exhaust etc.Think of the whole package not just how it gets its fuel.

·
Subscriber
173 Posts
I would consider a 331 stroker w/roller block w/T-5 or Tremec for the transmission. My favorite colors are blue, black and burgandy.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
I would do it just like mine was with a few improvements, viper blue with pearl white stripes, turquoise and white pony interior, edelbrock 17" rims, 351 built decent, maybe an AOD... god I miss my car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts