Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I am rebuilding the interior of my 66 stang right now. I tried to wire up the cluster and everything works except the fuel and oil pressure gauges. The wiring is correct and was working one month ago when I took everything apart. Could this just be the voltage regulator? I cannot think of anything else. Thanks

geoff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All. I am rebuilding the interior of my 66 stang right now. I tried to wire up the cluster and everything works except the fuel and oil pressure gauges. The wiring is correct and was working one month ago when I took everything apart. Could this just be the voltage regulator? I cannot think of anything else. Thanks

geoff

·
Registered
246 Posts
It's likely yours and the OP from 15 years ago both have problems with the voltage regulator for the gauges, which is different from the regulator for the generator/alternator. Try to find a wiring diagram for your car. The instrument voltage regulator was mechanical and reduced the 12-14 volt battery voltage to 5-6 volts I believe. Pretty sure there are solid state replacements available now.

Pat

·
Registered
4 Posts

geoff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts