Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 40 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Here are a few shots of the seats coming together. I have added some side bolsters to them. Thought is with the modern front suspension it will reduce sliding across the seats on corners. Also did away with the cotton backing material, all foam now.

One of the front seat backs.

Other seat back going together, you can see the bolsters.

Underside/backside reinforced. The front bench seated height has been reduced about 1.5", will give a little more head/helmet room and a less bouncy feel.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Got the "new" block back from the machine shop, let the assembly commence! (I have a cool timelapse video I will post when the engine build is done)

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Sweeet. Co must have weather like Va, short sleeves one day, coats the next. Can you build me an engine that fast!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Jambs and misc painted. Should get body paint end of this week! They put this color code tag inside the door for paint match later, should I need it.

You can sort of see the metallic in the sun, the photo does it no justice.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Looks burgundy in the shop, Plum in the sun, I see flake though. Either way, looks awesome.

I kept my paint tag on the can, just keep the can. Problem is, once you re mix, you may not get the exact match. At least thats what the PPG folks tell me.

21 - 40 of 203 Posts