Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will it line up or even fit? seems/looks like the rest of the body is the same. is it? thanks and great day!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yup, works just fine. I put a 67 Fairlane front clip on a 69 Falcon. The front unibody frame is exactly the same. Body lines match perfectly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am guessing the doors have to change, if front fenders are changed, from Falcon to Fairlane ???

I have a 66 Falcon Ranchero, I really like 67 Fairlane front end, a LOT better....

Jim in Dayton, OH
66 Ranchero 289 4V, AT, P/S, A/C, frt. discs, indash air to be installed.....

·
Registered
396 Posts
Nope. Doors are the same. I had to drill 4 holes to mount the grill. The core support is the same. I can't figure out how to get a picture up on here, but I'm telling you, the hardest part by far is finding decent sheetmetal and trim to make it happen. Take a look at a 67 Ranchero. That is exactly what a 66 Ranchero will look like with a 67 front clip. The taillights are different also, but also a direct swap.

Honest.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I sold a pair of front fenders and a grill for a '67 Falcon to a guy with a '66 Ranchero so that he could change the front end look on it.

Six monthe later his kid dropped the garage door onto it and dented the hood and both fenders. Boy was he a little bit pissed at that!

TJ in GB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts