Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where I can get one? I need it to be rust free or very very little rust. Or does anyone now of any frame shops that could make me one?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Your best bet would be to pick up a copy of Hemmings Motor News and contact some salvage yards in the southwest.

RR

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
'67 and 68 are probably totally different aren't they. There used to be a '68 out here at a yard in the desert. Not sure if it's still there. Think the last frame I priced there for a 60s Olds was $300 or $400 but the buyer had to arrange the pick up and shipping. Can't remember what the place near San Diego charged and they ship. Hilltop Classics was the name of the place. My brain cell became active again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, would the shop manual have the specs for the frame? I have a buddy that may be able to build one if I get the specs.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
The shop manual will have a diagram of the frame with the measure points on them ( for body shop frame straightening). I don't think it will give you super accuracy as far as the bends and profiles of the metal etc. However with that info and your old frame you may be able to build something. Stu

·
Registered
91 Posts
I knoe for sure 67 and 68 are the same-I think 65 and 66 are also. My 67 sits on a 68 frame.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
In the parts book it looks like 66 to 68 interchange with all the 66 and 67 part#s replaced with 68#s. If you stay within the same body (wagon,convertable,sedan) There were some seperate #s for 4 door hardtops, don't know what that would be about. I have used a 68 Mercury 4 door hardtop frame on a 68 Mercury 2 door hardtop and couldn't find any difference, It fit fine. I thought 65's would work if you change the spring seat but that might be on the axel.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
In the parts book it looks like 66 to 68 interchange with all the 66 and 67 part#s replaced with 68#s. If you stay within the same body (wagon,convertable,sedan) There were some seperate #s for 4 door hardtops, don't know what that would be about. I have used a 68 Mercury 4 door hardtop frame on a 68 Mercury 2 door hardtop and couldn't find any difference, It fit fine. I thought 65's would work if you change the spring seat but that might be on the axle.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anyone know how much it would cost to build one from scratch?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts