Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a new set of hooker super comp headers for my 67 fairlane 390 gta, i heard installing headers on these cars with a 390 are a pain. does anyone have any info and suggestions? thanks

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
got a new set of hooker super comp headers for my 67 fairlane 390 gta, i heard installing headers on these cars with a 390 are a pain. does anyone have any info and suggestions? thanks

I have had around 10 of the 66 and 67 cars with a fe motor. I have 2 at this time with super comp hookers. VERY VERY easy my man. They come apart. Place the lower bolts in head and screw in leaving room for the flange to slide right on. Slip header on and place bolts in top and sides with your fingers. Tighten with a open end wrench as well the boxed end. My mustang I have to slide under the car, back up , back under , back up under hood. Well I say it is easy. We were protested at race and teck boys said they wanted a head . Took me 12 minuites and I turnned it in. Just slipped the headers off removed head and intake bolts and slid the head off. The more you do it the faster you get.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Jack car up in front, place bolts in lower head so flange will allow header to slide on . As you hold the header with one hand put a top bolt in . Snug and place in the others and tighten. Make sure you use good gaskets and no leaks, you will loose horse power if they leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts