Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 67 convertible with rusted out floor supports. These run behind the rocker panels and ties into the torque boxes. Does anyone know where I can get these? I have searched a lot of different ways and can't seem to find them. I was told by a Ford dealer that they are called floor supports. Also has anyone replaced these before? Does it require an experienced frame person?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, tried them all. Apparently the hard tops don't have them, only the conv. I can get the torque boxes, and floor pans from any of them. Just can't find the floor supports.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Do they run the length of the rocker on the inside? If so they are inner rockers. Convertible's have inner and outer rocker panels. The inner's are pretty beefy. Little bit of a pain to put new ones in. I am currently doing this to a 71 mustang ragtop. they run the length of the rocker panel, on the inside of rocker from front torque box to rear torque box. If you can't find them for your Fairlane you may be able to adapt Mustang ones. I can take a picture of one tomorrow when I am at my shop and post it for you tomorrow night if you would like.

Lou

I have a 67 convertible with rusted out floor supports. These run behind the rocker panels and ties into the torque boxes. Does anyone know where I can get these? I have searched a lot of different ways and can't seem to find them. I was told by a Ford dealer that they are called floor supports. Also has anyone replaced these before? Does it require an experienced frame person?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes they do run from front box to rear box behind the rocker panel just as you described. Please post pick. Does this require keeping frame aligned or having someone skilled in this type of work to replace? This is my first restoration but I have people that have done restorations in the past that will be helping. Thanks!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yes they do run from front box to rear box behind the rocker panel just as you described. Please post pick. Does this require keeping frame aligned or having someone skilled in this type of work to replace? This is my first restoration but I have people that have done restorations in the past that will be helping. Thanks!

You want to keep everyting aligned! And someone that has experiance with Uni-Body work such as replacing frame rails. Here are pictures. 2nd picture has measurements of piece on it. these are for a 71 Mustang vert

The pieces are made out of 14 gauge steel so pretty heavy duty.

Hope it helps

Lou

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.