Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking on ebay for a vintage to year 67 4speed chrome shift handle. buuuut there are 3 speed shift handles that look exactly the same but are cheaper.

in 66,67 fairlane manual cars, assuming these year fairlanes even had 3 speeds; is the chrome shifter the same?

if anyone knows, any info would help

thanks

·
Registered
718 Posts
back in the 70's a friend had a 67 "not so fair" lane with a 289 and 3 speed from the factory.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok hmm cool thanks shift. anyone else know?

·
Registered
809 Posts
im looking on ebay for a vintage to year 67 4speed chrome shift handle. buuuut there are 3 speed shift handles that look exactly the same but are cheaper.

in 66,67 fairlane manual cars, assuming these year fairlanes even had 3 speeds; is the chrome shifter the same?

if anyone knows, any info would help

thanks
I have Lincoln/mercury parts book and looked up the 66/67 comet part #'s
For the 4 speed the part # is C6OZ 7210-L Which seems to be the same # as the fairlane from what I seen doing quick internet search.
For the 3 speed the part # is C6OZ 7210-G

Hope this helps
Lou

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
A factory shifter handle for a 4 speed , the handle I donot think came as you want . The ones I have seen were white round knobs that had 1 through 4 with a reverse inscribed in the white ball. I have both if you are intrested. Want me to post a pic of both? Have to dig them out but I know where each are. I run 66 fairlanes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts