Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
"PLEASE do not be so hard headed as to flag my post because you think you know what your looking at when you really don't..."

LOL
I'll bet you a dime to a doughnut that a minimum of ten will come on here agreeing and be ready to fight to prove it... :frown:

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Oh, and another twenty that will swear up and down it is a MUSCLE CAR... :frown:

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
And has a one-wire GM farm tractor ALT, HEI and DODGE tail lamps...

Let the games begin...

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
OK Chris, you gotta do some WORK before I start hollering at you.

1: WHAT ENGINE is in it?

2: WHAT TRANNY is in it?

3: What Seats are in it? (bench bucket??)

That car is NOT as rare as you think. I raced a Red 67 Fairlane Exactly like it yesterday in my Falconaround, and got my ass handed to me by a 390 2V C-6 car, the only exterior difference (besides color) was your not so desireable vinyl top and the one I raced was not.

Trade value.... You're not going to find it in a rusty jalopy, you need to wash it, Make it RUN, make it Move, make it STOP, THEN you have some equity in it.

And don't sell it to a Galaxie guy, they're getting too much like Corvette guy's lately LOL. All uppity & stuff.

So let's have the specs on this rig man!

FE

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
1967 Ford Fairlane LTD for????

"PLEASE do not be so hard headed as to flag my post because you think you know what your looking at when you really don't..."

LOL

I'll bet you a dime to a doughnut that a minimum of ten will come on here agreeing and be ready to fight to prove it... :frown:
That car is NOT as rare as you think. I raced a Red 67 Fairlane Exactly like it yesterday.

FE
What did I tell you? ;)

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
I am only disagreeing on the Rarity of the rusty hulk, that's all. If I can drive my falcon and get in a street race with a Candy Apple Red 67 Fairlane then there has GOT to be a berzillion more....

Besides, how the heck can anyone be interested in a car they have no clue about engine tranny interior etc...

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
I am only disagreeing on the Rarity of the rusty hulk, that's all. If I can drive my falcon and get in a street race with a Candy Apple Red 67 Fairlane then there has GOT to be a berzillion more....

Besides, how the heck can anyone be interested in a car they have no clue about engine tranny interior etc...
Ok, Last time I checked, paperwork or no paperwork. Fairlanes were differentiated from the Galaxies by a few factors.

1: Wheelbase difference
2: Width difference
3: trunk capacity in cu. ft.
4: fuel capacity
5: GVWR
6: dryweight

So... Can anyone help identify this car?

I see it as a full size ford for the 1967 model year. Only Galaxie wou;ld fit that bill.

Fairlanes were mid-size cars.

I bet you all of that nice LTD trim molding (which is identical to my Galaxie XL's) would fit my Beast very nicely.

Any takers????

FE - What's with the uppity crack on the Galaxie owners? LOL

Tommy

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
It must be the even rarer Thunderbolt version as well. I can see the lower headlight removal for the intake ducts. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I guess I am missing something here....I definately see a 67 LTD, but nothing Fairlane related. Actually I saw this exact same style on a craigs listing today here in the Panama City area. They want $7K, but saying it is a very nice car.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
F....

9 out of 10 people like to argue Galaxie but this car is definitely a Ford Fairlane limited edition. I have DOT paperwork matching the VIN that says "1967 Ford Fairlane", PLEASE do not be so hard headed as to flag my post because you think you know what your looking at when you really don't...

Not trying to exaggerate the value of this car but this is a rare car..

I dont have the title on hand but may be able to come up with it.
It is a 1967 GALAXIE LTD as easily identified by the roof-line (as compared to other 1967 full size cars). It is in no way a FAIRLANE.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
OK Chris, you gotta do some WORK before I start hollering at you.
Hey Gary,
Am I missing something here?

Is Rendus = Chris?

Does Rendus's own this vehicle?

If it is then if Rendus is Chris, and you can start hollering at him.

BUT, it appears that Rendus does NOT own this vehicle. It is owned by the guy on Craig's List who is wanting to trade the vehicle for a roof for his mother's house.

Whomever this guy on Craig's List is, he is claiming that this vehicle is a Fairlane.

He says that he doesn't have the REAL Title, but says that he has DOT documentation for the vehicle that "says" it is a Fairlane.

It is obvious that the DOT documentation is in error, and this guy is coming on all confrontational, using terms such as "hard headed", and saying stuff like "you think you know what your looking at when you really don't...", and etc.

Why he would do this? Maybe to inflate the value of the Galaxie in the picture, or maybe he just doesn't know any better and is willing to take the DOT Documentation for gospel.

That car is NOT as rare as you think. I raced a Red 67 Fairlane Exactly like it yesterday in my Falconaround, and got my ass handed to me by a 390 2V C-6 car, the only exterior difference (besides color) was your not so desirable vinyl top and the one I raced was not.
Gary, are you agreeing that the vehicle in the picture is a Fairlane? C'mon!

JC

·
Registered
7,376 Posts

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
It must be the even rarer Thunderbolt version as well. I can see the lower headlight removal for the intake ducts. :)
You're sharp!

You noticed the lower headlamps removed? That shows the 427 engine is either a LR or MR. Had the top headlamps been removed it would have been a HR.

Wonder why it doesn't have that special 66/67 FAIRLANE 427 hood on it? Must be a POLICE version (most likely revenooers)...

TN is known for it's laxity in documents.

I had a 67 GT-500 I registered in MD in the early seventies. They wouldn't accept the title as the VIN was not FORD unique. They gave me a piece of tracing paper and I had to go out and trace the warranty plate.

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
Tommy, Was just fooling with you galaxie owners. :)

JC. THIS
I think this is about everything you should know but feel free to email me (Chris) with any questions or contact information
is in the guy's craigslist ad. THAT"s why I called him Chris.

And lastly, OF COURSE it's a 67 Fairlane, HE SAID SO and has a piece of PAPER saying so! :)

Can't ANYONE make the connection here? Just look at them, they're identical right?

LOL

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Ray Charles would say they are Identical.
Hey Mr. K,
Considering that Ray has moved on, THAT would be rare! :)

JC

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
We really need to stop teasing him, just in case he's serious about this car. Don't want to hurt his feelings with the truth....
Hey Gary,
What are the chances that Chris is reading FMF?

JC

1 - 20 of 33 Posts