Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody out there know where I can find a set of factory guages for a 67 Galaxie? Idiot lights are for idiots!

·
Registered
190 Posts
My '67 only has idiot lights. The speedo is the only thing worthwhile, although all of my idiot lights still work. Just the clock is broken.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
67 Galaxie's were available with real guages that were in the same place as your idiot lights.It was not a real common option evidently.

·
Registered
190 Posts
On 2002-05-21 23:10, phord wrote:
67 Galaxie's were available with real guages that were in the same place as your idiot lights.It was not a real common option evidently.
Interesting. Do you have any pictures? I'm curious as to what they might like look. I'm just going to go with aftermarket underdash-mounted gauges.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have any pictures. They looked the same as the gas guage,white lettering with black background and red pointers.I've been looking for them via the web for over a year now(at 5 or 6 different places)with no success.I can find 66 guages but I don't know what they look like or whether they'd work.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Absolutely not, there isn't a single
piece of literature out there that
mentions gauges, there weren't any,
in fact no full size Ford of any year
at any time until the present day
had a gauge option, unless you count
the console tach in '68 and the digital
option on modern Crown Vics

·
Registered
462 Posts
Are you sure there were no gauges available? I seem to remember seeing something about gauges where the idiot lights are. They were just like the fuel gauge. I have just looked in the 1967 Motors manual and did not see anything on them. Besides, everyone has a hot light, how many have a cold light?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw guages in a 67 XL in 1968. They were bone stock and in the same location as the idiot lights.
I've just got a cluster out of a 65 TBird.It has 4 guages,they're all about the same shape I need, and I'm going to "fit" these guages in my 67 Galaxie dash.I now officially give up on my "stock" guage quest.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Unless there was something dealer installed,
but I doubt it. Someone who can tell you for sure is Adrian Clements, go to
www.fordregistry.com to contact him.
For those sho don't know, this is the foremost site on '67 Ford full sizes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts