Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have a 67 Galaxie 500XL Conv with a 390 and auto.

1) How and where can I check engines stampings/codes to see if the engine is original and correct?

2) Is there anyway to tell if the auto is original?

3) How many 500XL convertibles were manual? Any links or info on converting an auto to a 4 speed? How about a T5?

4) Are there any vendors who sell consoles or dash pads for these cars?

I found alot of fair priced parts on Rockauto for the car, including a trunk pan and sectional floor pans (which mean needs).

Thanks ahead

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are some pics. It's a basket case, but it's mostly complete and low rust (floor pans and trunk is all).

So I am trying to figure out if I should drop in a crate 390 or rebuild what's in there... and I want to go manual.

I need parts sources. I have tried several online and via Hemmings, and most places don't even know they kept making Galaxies after 64...

So esp for the console and dashpad any sources would help me alot.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car is not for sale to you, FEandGoingBroke.

So when you figure out that you were replied to twice already, with my number, you can move on to the next poster.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got another call from a member today of this forum today, and after more thought I have gone back to selling it.

Hate to throw it to the wolves, but it is going on ebay.

Any questions please reach me via ebay and/or here.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Something sounds fishy by not returning emails to someone interested or could it be the guy just don't like FE. To me if I'm selling, you got the money I want then it's sold.

·
Administrator
21,770 Posts
I just got totally confused on is it or is it not for sale. Someone can't make up their mind for sure? Reminds me of myself with most things except my car. As for not selling to someone that may want it? With a living animal or even a plant i can understand but not a car that could care less. I say this because i have done this with a plant cause i knew the person would kill it after years of growing it and a horse that didn't like the person looking at it to buy. But like they say, it's his car....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts