Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Finally in a new house with a nice big 4 car garage and have enough room to start on my restoration of my Galaxie. I was wondering if anyone new of a good source to get sheet metal for a 67 2dr Fastback? I really need just a drivers door, but if I could find a nice passenger door and trunk lid, that would work as well. I am in Cleveland, Ohio.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Jim

·
Registered
91 Posts
Doors should be easy to find in junk yards or e-bay but lids will be more difficult. all 67s lids are the same except verts. I got mine in Ohio but he has no more.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Surprisingly I have had no luck looking in Ohio junkyards, and they very rarely come up on ebay. There was a guy who had a passenger skin a month or so ago but thats it. If anyone knows of any junkyards in Northern Ohio or Western PA that has older stuff, please let me know.

Thanks,
jim

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
I always thought the 2 door hard top and convertible were different than the rest. Never did try to swap one but I could be wrong. I have part numbers but no interchange book. Sometimes a minor difference will call for a seperate part but it's something you can easily change. I need a good deck lid for a 67 too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually I am pretty sure the convertible and fastback are the same, different glass though. The 2 door post has a different door, and they are all 67 only making it even more fun. Gotta love it.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
I guess I worded that wrong. I think you are right, that the 2 dr hrtp and convertible will interchange between each other. The parts book only lists 3
Door Luggage Compartment C7AZ-6240110-B Except 63 (fastback) &71 (wagon)
Door Luggage Compartment C7AZ-6340110-B Fastback Then it lists the wagon tailgate. Show that to fit 1966,1967,1968. But the book omits 76 (convertible) thats were an interchange book would come in handy. BTW it shows for door repair panels that 1967 and 1968 are the same body for body. I always thought the 67 2 door sedan would make a nice drag car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Convertible deck lids are shorter. Doors may interchange. Ohio lid came off a buddys car not a yard. He was building a vert and could not use it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey!

A few of ya'll are looking for a trunk lid for a 67' galaxie convertible. I have one available. It's in decent shape, just has some surface rust. I'm located in central Texas. Shipping an item like this will not be cheap ($125-$200 depending on location). If interested, I can send photo of item.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts