Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't see many 67 galaxies hear not sure why and parts seem hard to find also, lets see your 67 galaxie andany useful info would be awesome thanks guys.

·
Registered
59 Posts
67's full size Fords are difficult to find parts for. You often have to research parts from other Ford products that are the same or will work on your 67. And repo parts that are available often suck.

I have had 2 Country Sedans (and a Ranch Wagon parts car). I just love the nose of a 67. And how a large car can look sporty when designed well.

·
Registered
160 Posts
67--one of the best looking Galaxies made. I used to drool over one before I got my 63.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here are some pics of my '67 Custom two-door; picked this car up in January, 35,000 original, verified miles. 289, automatic - I'm planning on dropping in a 390 and converting to 4-speed next year.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for post up guys and gals, im lovin the 67 i'll have this one till i die then my son will drive on HOPeFULY lol

·
Registered
235 Posts
Here are some pics of my '67 Custom two-door; picked this car up in January, 35,000 original, verified miles. 289, automatic - I'm planning on dropping in a 390 and converting to 4-speed next year.
Love those black wheels and dog dishes. Been wanting to do those with my '68 Custom.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I've been working on my '67 off an on the past 4yrs. I'm upgrading the brakes and suspension right now. After that it needs a new engine (390).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Love those black wheels and dog dishes. Been wanting to do those with my '68 Custom.
Thanks; I've told people that sometimes I think I bought the car just to have something to put those dog dish caps on. IMO, the Custom - with the door post setup and the boxy lines - looks awesome with the steel wheels/dog dish look. I have absolutely zero interest in putting any kind of modern looking wheel on the car.

Is your '68 Custom a two-door as well? I think '67 and '68 Customs are among the best looking of these cars.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Here's my '67 LTD. Parts can be hard to locate for these for sure depending on what you need. Took some time but I finally found a LTD grill emblem in good shape and it didn't cost me the $300+ that they seem to be going for on ebay...

Just rebuilt the column (new bearing, sleeve, switch, repainted, new shift collar and swapped the beat-up oem wheel for a Grant wheel)

Still hoping to have the exhaust done before the snow falls, but it's getting close, not sure I'll make it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Two door post...pic:

Going to repaint in the spring...thinkin Grabber Blue but not sure yet.
Awesome! I'd love to own my a '68 Custom just like this - in fact, I know of one for sale - but if I brought home another old car, my woman would leave me :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
i don't see many 67 galaxies hear not sure why and parts seem hard to find also, lets see your 67 galaxie andany useful info would be awesome thanks guys.

Yeah Slamin81, parts were very scarce during the restoration of my car. I found out the hard way that the 67s were one year bodies only; meaning a 67 part was only made during 1967. Some parts might fit from other vehicles but I found most of mine through ebay and just scouring the internet...All in all, that turned out to be part of the fun. Every nut and bolt was like a little battle won!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Just post the parts you need and we will help you find them. The stang guys have some parts that interchange, 65-68 Gals have the same suspension. Hard parts to find are sheet metal body parts and interior parts. Just within the last year or so we finally got floor pans and gas tanks available. If someone only made dash pads and tail light lenses!

Good luck, it is a labor of love.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts