- the usual parking lot dings and dents
- paint fading
- new tires
- 72,000 on the odometer
- mostly original condition
- well maintained
- runs great, drives straight
very reliable

I bought this car three years ago with it needing a lot of work! Had squealing brakes, pulled to one side, engine overheating issues, worn tires, etc. Fixed most if not all of the mechanical issues with the car. I replaced the breaks, got all new lines all around, a new drum on the front passenger side, and all new brake pads. Also put brand new Republic Ensign tires all around. Tires have less than 500 miles on them. The transmission was also leaking around the pan seal, got that fixed, holds fluid and shifts great. At the same time had the rotted tranny coolant lines replaced. Never had any engine issues since I have owned it. Regular oil changes every 3,000 miles. Engine does not smoke, at all. Current oil change has less than 20 miles on it.

Interior is great, has great carpet, headliner is good, a couple tears. Seats have new upholstery but maintains original look. Door panels are in great shape. Glass is not cracked or pitted and has no chips. I had an Alpine stereo installed in the glovebox so the original radio is still there but not working. Two kenwood tweeters installed on the A pillars and two Boston 6x9s on the back shelf. Sounds GREAT!

Now for the bad: Cars paint is fading on the top surfaces of the car. Still holding color but has lost its shine. It is missing the door handle on the inside of the rear drivers side door. Trunk lock cyclinder is missing. Chrome trim around front drivers side wheel well is missing. Dash is cracked in about 4 places. It has a bent rocker panel just behind the passenger side front tire.

Denver, CO - asking $2500

contact - xmalchick at gmail dot com

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Because I'm cheap that's why!

Don't ignore me...

The car is not worth $2,500 unless it's someone new to old car's and un-initiated.

There are very few 4 door collectors of any type out there, and even fewer for a very common 4 door like yours...

Sorry if I'm a little abrupt but that's the way things go.... In my opinion... Good luck with it!

·
Registered
110 Posts
bad condition? i don't see alot of rust nor a completely ripped up interior. the big negative is the car is a lite green. as for the 4-door theory i see alot of older family men that have kids get the 4-doors i myself like 4-doors i just see a 1000-1800 top car sitting there if it were a more likeable car i have seeen 4-doors go for 2500 in that condition. jmho, matt

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Any car is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: psivory on 10/31/06 12:46am ]</font>

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Wish I still had my 1972 LTD Brougham 2 dr, ginger glow (metallic brown), gold factory fender accent stripe, with a dealer installed buckskin/lite tan vinyl top (as opposed to factory dark brown or white).

The car had the 400-2v/3:25 rear (not much off the line, but a real good kick in the backside going from 1st to 2nd). Paid a little under $4,300.

Also had that "special" LTD upholstry fabric (not typical vinyl, but not cloth either) and high back seats with the headrest/seat combined as one single unit.

I thought that it was a very classy car, but I would have bought the big Merc instead (with the flip headlights) if I could have afforded the extra $700.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I there is one way to settle this dispute. We need to establish an "over/under" on the price and a pool to see who comes the closest to what Malchick sells it for.

As for me, yeah it's something of a plain jane four door, bone stock and all but it does seem to be in really nice shape. Look at the pictures as it looks pretty clean to me. List it on Craig's list or ebay and maybe get the passionate impulse buyer rather than the more particular opinionated ones that populate this site! I think the big cruisers are getting more and more desirable and prices are going up slowly.

I think that the over/under should be around $1,500. Personally, I think the car could bring $1,800 in the right market.
Keep us informed!

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
390 engine,cruise-o,9" rear(C7AE part#),good bumpers,sheet metal,lids,. Am I out of the box here, or would that car be better off parted? More profit?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: v8shadow on 10/31/06 11:22am ]</font>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
On 2006-10-30 14:14, brentville wrote:
I there is one way to settle this dispute. We need to establish an "over/under" on the price and a pool to see who comes the closest to what Malchick sells it for.

As for me, yeah it's something of a plain jane four door, bone stock and all but it does seem to be in really nice shape. Look at the pictures as it looks pretty clean to me. List it on Craig's list or ebay and maybe get the passionate impulse buyer rather than the more particular opinionated ones that populate this site! I think the big cruisers are getting more and more desirable and prices are going up slowly.

I think that the over/under should be around $1,500. Personally, I think the car could bring $1,800 in the right market.
Keep us informed!
Well this guy is practically spot on. I had a local offer of 1800 from a couple of guys looking at it. Right now I am kicking myself for not taking the offer but basically they called me at 11:30 at night when I had to be at work at 5 am the next day so I was not too happy. I asked them to call back and they never did.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On 2006-10-30 20:15, v8shadow wrote:
390 engine,cruise-o,9" rear(C7AE part#),good bumpers,sheet metal,lids,. Am I out of the box here, or would that car be better off parted? More profit?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: v8shadow on 10/31/06 11:22am ]</font>
I was considering that too but are there any online clubs out there I could try to sell parts to before I sell it all on ebay?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MALCHICK on 11/3/06 9:15am ]</font>

1 - 20 of 20 Posts