Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of fairly recently there are complete 1-piece floor pan replacements available for early Mustangs. No more patchwork pieces if you can get the whole piece into the car in 1 piece...

Does anyone know how these need to be installed? I mean, do they get installed from below; and if so, can they be installed with the sub-frame rails still in place?

Also, can a 1-piece new floor pan be installed from above by maybe slipping it through the front windshield opening? Thanks for any input.

·
Banned
2,833 Posts
How much is your car gutted already. If the windshield is out, that way will work. Also up from the bottom but you have to have driveshaft, cables, etc out of the way. Remember if you do a complete floor pan to support the body so the lack of floor pan metal doesn't allow it to bow on you.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My car is stripped down to the bare unibody and up on a rotisserie right now. But, it already has welded-in subframe connectors that would prevent a full pan from going in from below any way but turned 90 degrees and up through the center where the transmission / driveline tunnel would have been.

I just don't want to remove the original floor only to find there's really no way to fit a complete 1-piece pan back in there.

·
Banned
2,833 Posts
I don't see you having a problem with the connectors. That rotiserie will give you all sorts of room to work it past them up thru the bottom.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought an entire floor kit from Laural Mountain Mustang via eBay. Includes seat risers, torque boxes, bottom of firewall. I also have to replace front frame members. Since there will be no place for jacks, stands, rotisserie, I think I'll be bolting posts with utility wheels to the door posts vis the hinge mounts. Please let me know how yours is going.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts