Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did yall see the 67 ragtop on Overhaulin last night? What a fine ride . I wonder just how much money it would cost an average joe to build a ride like that?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I saw that. Very nice. I'll bet they chuckled when they heard mama, as she was passing out the puccha-bead leis, say "I want everyone to get leid."

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
I kind og laughed when they had engine mount issues. But the frame notching for the headers was genius! Wish I thought of that!

1973 Gran Torino Sport (sold)

2004 Cobra
2004 Marauder

A Jack of many trades, But not a master of a single one!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wildosvt01 on 7/6/06 12:05pm ]</font>

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Dont they make 351w headers that fit into classic galaxies?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dbu8554 on 7/7/06 7:20am ]</font>

·
Registered
297 Posts
It's on again right now

·
Registered
981 Posts
This topic was the first thing I thaught about and here it is. Always a big fan of Foose, having met him in Detroit. Awesome guy, not all Hollywood, and beyond talented. Finally a Galaxie on the show. Mom gave em crap for swearing too much. I'm waiting for my surprise, anyone????? Chip????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice job but a few nits. I don't understand why they put in a small block when it came with a 390. I didn't care for the 63 Galaxie logos on it as well. But this is good publicity for the big Fords..

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
On 2006-07-08 06:40, jeraa2t wrote:
I didn't care for the 63 Galaxie logos on it as well. But this is good publicity for the big Fords..
Because they belong on a 63 or do you just not like the 63 badges?

·
Registered
109 Posts
god i love the interior i wish i knew how they did the kick panels in the front and does anyone know what steering wheel that is

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like the look of the 63 Galaxie badges but they really don't belong on a '67... But disk brakes don't bother me since they are an safety improvement. Just presonnal preference..

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
either that..or, as we that love and cherish FE's already know, they are a little more expensive to build, harder to find good raw stock for a build (not likely you will find an assembled one sitting around the shop, without a name attached to it) and require some skill to finish correctly.

Some people just don't get "it". Not having an FE in a Galaxie that came with one ... its like trying to eat fried Chicken with a knife and fork. Sure you can do it, it may even be neater and more civliized ... but what's the point?

Then again, maybe they were doing him a favor; many years ago a guy offered to do me a favor by trading me a nice running late model, 4-door pontiac for my 57 fairlane, straight across, 'cause he hated to see a young kid wasting time and money on them old cars. Shame on me...Seems I was just too stupid to realize a good deal when I saw it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beoweolf on 7/11/06 8:53pm ]</font>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts