Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Never saw a button in a 67, must have been dealer from later. 67 came optional with cable and lever is on floor next to seat adjustment lever. They are very handy. Scott Drake C7AZ-62432A00-A Remote Trunk Release Kit 1967-1970 (cjponyparts.com) I know this lists as for Mustang, but part number says Full size. Think it is just the released dealer kit number to cover many models. My 64 Marauder had one also.

· Registered
358 Posts
I had a 67 marquis with one. It was a pull t handle. Chrome. Said trunk on the mental handle. Was vacuum operated and located in the glove box. power door locks were also vacuum and the switches were on an under dash “safety console”. It also had some idiot lights but don’t recall what they were for. Seatbelts were one I think.

· Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This one has a a little electric motor that pulls a cable that hooks to a lever coming out of the latch,it must be factory as the latch in my 65 has a hole in it in the same place on the 67 latch where this lever sticks out of. I can post pics of it and never seen one before.

· Premium Member
1,491 Posts
That is aftermarket, the latch is factory. I worked in an automotive acc shop at one time. We installed a lot of them in cars for county. For the paper servers and transporting (people) cars, they bought the cheapest models. Had to run trigger wire to the trunk solenoid. Had to pop the rear seat out for wire. The amount of things people in cuffs can cram under a seat is amazing. We would just pick it up with paper towels and leave up front for officer to find and figure out when they picked up the car.

· Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is aftermarket, the latch is factory. I worked in an automotive acc shop at one time. We installed a lot of them in cars for county. For the paper servers and transporting (people) cars, they bought the cheapest models. Had to run trigger wire to the trunk solenoid. Had to pop the rear seat out for wire. The amount of things people in cuffs can cram under a seat is amazing. We would just pick it up with paper towels and leave up front for officer to find and figure out when they picked up the car.
Yep came out of a 67 Custom police car that had the 390 police engine and power disc brakes and maybe power steering and nothing else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts