Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I just uploaded some new pics of my restoration to my profile in a album. let me know what you think. I would of just posted them to this thread but for some reason my comp won't let me upload them here.

Thanks
Jake

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well we painted the motor that color because we are also going to put the same color on the outside of the car in racing stripes. As for the stock manifold it will get headers eventually but we don't have a huge budget so for now those will work. But thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Looking good! What do you plan for the top of the dash and are you going to paint the whole dash. I can't find a decent dash pad and have been thinking about fabing up something to replace the pad or whole dash.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are going to pad and wrap the top in the same tan leather that is on the seats then the face of the of the dash will have cherry wood on it to bring the red from the outside in. And also to help keep the ol gal a little classy :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Sure looking good so far. I like your color choice. I had judges at cars show tell me that they would like to judge cars that are not red,blue yellow some of the standard colors that cars are painted. This cars have a very good changes of higher points. I know my 65 I'm restoring will be cream outside and red and mooron interior.Will look forward to see it complete.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot guys, we hope to have it done by may. My wife has always wanted a pearl white car so we bought it and the guy we got it from had already bought a crem brule pearl, so she got what she wanted. I wanted it to be a little sporty so I decided that we are gonna put stripes on it. Randy your so right I go to car shows you see so many cars that are different shades of blue, black, red or yellow. Not the the cars don't look good I just wanted something that looks different. Plus seeing that it is a galaxie 500 she needs to look classy. I will keep posting pictures as we keep going along with it.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Like the pattern on the seats. The back seat looks generally the same as the rear seat in my LTD only a different color. Was that what they looked like before, if so I didn't know Ford used that inlay on any other seats (thought it was LTD specific). I have buckets from an XL in the car now, and I wondered what that would look like on the buckets and now I know. I like it, going to have to save that picture for reference for when I have new seat covers made.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Greg I'm not sure what the seats looked like, the interio rof the car was already done when we bought the car. I know he said it was all the original stuff as far as seats go but I don't know what it looked like originally. If you would like I could take a close up picture of the seats so you have a good pic to reference from if you go that route.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts