Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1967 ford glaxie 500 fast back 390
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i been looking under every rock and can not find a manufacturer for tail lights ..for my 67 ..
any help would come out really handy plz guys

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm assuming you mean taillight lenses not the complete assembly. You're only going to find original used '67 taillight lenses or occasionally you'll see NORS lens made by Glo-Brite.

The NORS Glove-Brite lens comes in a box with a bright yellow label. I messed up the label when I opened the box but this is the label you're looking for and the part # too.

Wood Rectangle Font Gas Metal

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i needs the lenses ..and i been looking for the glo- bright website and no luck

·
Registered
677 Posts
Well if you have really deep pockets there is one NOS lens listed right now on ebay for $400.00!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i saw the one but i "want " the pair .
deep pockets ..well no but its worth it

·
Registered
677 Posts
The prices for these '67 lenses are ridiculous. The first Glo-Brite I got years ago cost me $54.00. A couple years after that I paid $150.00 for the other. As you know, if you really want it you gotta pay.

Are you firm on needing new or would a good used pair suffice? I'll keep my eyes open if I see anything I'll give you shout.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i have always loved all my lights to look new . you know small things make a BIG diffrence . im willing to pay green for somw nice reds

·
Registered
677 Posts
Ha that's funny. I might use that some time.

Just a side note. The OEM lenses are painted black on the sides as you probably know. The aftermarket ones have no black.

I remember seeing someone trying to pass off the aftermarket ones as originals a while back. I think Glo-Brite was the original manufacturer anyway but it seems the FoMoCo commands more money.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I hate to say it but I may have bought the last pair NOS from Green Sales about 12 years ago.
On a side note the 67s may be the last time real glass was used for the back lights.
At least someone still makes the lenses I know that.

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
It shouldn't be that hard to find a nice used set. Every 67 made except wagons had them. I have two NIB I bought back in the mid 70's, might have cost $25 a piece. They are reserved for my baby. Prices are nuts now.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Well, that's three of us telling him we each have a pair of the lenses. Nothing like making a guy feel bad! ;)

As far as finding a nice used set I'd say it's possible but not easy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dang it ..you guys just like to pour salt on a wound ..it geting near impossible to find a good looking set ..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Are yours cracked or broken? If just dull and dingy they can be cleaned. Polish them up like a pair of modern cars headlights that have yellowed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mine arw all cracked ..i was wondering if the ones from a 1968 will fit ..because i hve a few.Nos of those

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
68 looks close but not the same. I think I have some spare used in pole shed. It would be Monday before I get there to check them for cracks or pits. If they are ok I will let you know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sounds good .man for this bwing just a drive arround car while i finish my 68 it sure went south really fast..new headliner .new carpet new side mirrors with turn signals .new alum rad w elwctric fan / water pump/ thermostat housing . new headers .new electroic ign . front turn signals .new modern a/c system with sanden compresor . new but stock suspenssion and steering .. and keyless push button start ..

·
Registered
677 Posts
I know you're looking for a pair but there's single NORS lens on ebay now.

1967 Galaxie Lens

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
mine arw all cracked ..i was wondering if the ones from a 1968 will fit ..because i hve a few.Nos of those
I've seen restoration techniques for cracked plastic lens that use clear coat to fill the cracks. I think an old member here, Bumblebee, had a post showing his tail light restoration.

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
68 looks close but not the same. I think I have some spare used in pole shed. It would be Monday before I get there to check them for cracks or pits. If they are ok I will let you know.
Sorry forgot to tell you, I looked and the chrome on the stars is pitted. I must have gotten them for the outer housing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts