Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford : Galaxie xl in Ford | eBay Motors

This Xl seems to be missing the entire set of lower body molding and the center horn pad on the steering wheel. Well, if it was my Xl it would be, but does this look like a restored XL Vert? I am not a convertible guy. Was looking for input from you vert people out thee. :)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Dunno for sure but with it being an XL only maybe why the mouldings and the horn pad is missing?? ( i am no expert with the Galaxie) Those maybe the XL 500 pieces. Also looks kind of bare on the quarters, Didnt they have a script of some kind on them?

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dunno for sure but with it being an XL only maybe why the mouldings and the horn pad is missing?? ( i am no expert with the Galaxie) Those maybe the XL 500 pieces. Also looks kind of bare on the quarters, Didnt they have a script of some kind on them?
67 did not have script on the XL's or LTD's. But they did have trim front to back on the lowers. Mine does anyway.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Actually the buy it now is almost $30K; they are out of their minds. Of course I guess they can ask what they want, anyone would be crazy to bid on it, and I'll be shocked if anyone does.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
That is one nice car. Two much money to enjoy.

·
Administrator
21,674 Posts
Wonder how long ago it was restored. The floor as FE mentioned and the pedals are pretty nasty along with the area where the top joint is where it folds down, the cardboard inserts to cover the hole on each side is not too good looking either, black paint is worn or it's dirt. Couldn't see the area between front bumper and body, it looks like it might be worn or could be dirt hard to tell. But for that price it shouldn't have any dirt or worn parts unless it was a restore 10 yrs ago or something. But then i'm cheap and makes me even more anal. lol

Maybe someone will jump for it but not me!! Even if it were a '64! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ford : Galaxie xl in Ford | eBay Motors

This Xl seems to be missing the entire set of lower body molding and the center horn pad on the steering wheel. Well, if it was my Xl it would be, but does this look like a restored XL Vert? I am not a convertible guy. Was looking for input from you vert people out thee. :)
It's is missing the lower trim, It looks like an XL to me, but the car is way over priced and the keystone mags and the black stripe just don't do it any justice...

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I like "pure stock" cars, but if I was in the market for a set of wheels for my 64, those Keystone Classics would be my choice.

I put a set on my 68 Cyclone back in 69 with Goodyear Polyglas raised white letter tires.

Great look, IMHO.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Twelve hours left and no bids. Go figure. It will be interesting to see what he relists it at.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts