Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I need a little help... I'm looking to convert my column shift auto 69 for to a floor shift. I have a console and a set of buckets. I know I will need a manuel column and the floor shift linkage. Has anyone did this conversion? What holes will I need to cut? will the seats mount up ok?? Will i need to find a tunnel hump or can I fab something up? any info will be helpful.

·
Subscriber
3 Posts
Try Perogie Enterprises at perogie.com, I think they have the stuff for your column. They do 4 speed conversions.
Al

·
Registered
346 Posts
You'll need:
tunnel hump
shifter
shift rod (must match your trans type since they're all different)
tunnel to shifter gasket (nice but not required)
if you don't have already:
neutral safety switch
console wiring

Not sure about exact dimensions, but there are pictures out there of cars with the hump installed and pulled off so you get a good idea of what the hole will look like. It's a real odd shape.

·
Registered
371 Posts
What type of bucket seats do you have? If using the factory buckets, you'll need to fab spacers for the inside rear mount as the factory floor drops away. I used a simple spacer cut from a section of pipe, nothing fancy.

I've since switched out the seats for other seats and used Corbeau seat sliders. They fit the floor pretty good and take into account the unique Fairlane floor plan.

The stock floor shifter mount is huge, and takes up a ton of space. When I swapped in my T-5, the factory mount wasn't tall enough, so I fabbed up my own out of sheetmetal. If you're going to install a aftermarket automatic shifter, no mount may be necessary.

Could you give us more details on what you are trying to do?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the help guys.. I'm just looking for the console wiring now. would a 69 Mustang console wiring work?? the Mustang wiring is a lot easier to come by. and can it be just modified to work..

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hello,
I need a little help... I'm looking to convert my column shift auto 69 for to a floor shift. I have a console and a set of buckets. I know I will need a manuel column and the floor shift linkage. Has anyone did this conversion? What holes will I need to cut? will the seats mount up ok?? Will i need to find a tunnel hump or can I fab something up? any info will be helpful.
i have a floor tunnel automatic shifter hump for a 68-69 torino. if you havent found an automatic hump and can find a manual trans hump i will trade you. the auto trans hump has the little bulge for the console to bolt to. here fotos of my hump.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the offer.. I just about,have all the parts.. except the wiring.. Do you have the console wiring.. or would you know if a 69 mustang would work. Thanks.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Thanks for the offer.. I just about,have all the parts.. except the wiring.. Do you have the console wiring.. or would you know if a 69 mustang would work. Thanks.
i got rid of the wiring and console long ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts