Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I will try to make this short. Today I was jacking my 69 Ranchero up in my garage to adjust the rear brakes. I walked to the storage shed to get some jack stands, by the time I walked back my neighbor had came over looking for me and bumped into the jack handle (pretty damn hard), the jack backed up off the fram rail and landed on the edge of the spare tire compartment underneath the passenger side. Needless to say, the jack tore throught the sheet metal and crush it like a can. Do anyone know if there are any aftermarket pans sold new anywhere to fit a 68/69 Ranchero?

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the support, Trikar I'll call Dearborn tommorow. I guess I will take this down time to freshing up the 351w. I'm thinking maybe a 393 stroker kit and roller cam, maybe even EFI since I drive it all over the country. BTW, my neighbor is paying for the damage, he feels very badly about the situation. I felt as if I need to forgive him (my wife), after all it just a car (my wife), thank goodness for the anger management classes. LOL

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
gotyrback--that sucks --it seems some one else is the one that puts the dent into all your work-

i was rebuilding a 56 ford convert-and had just welded new rear fender sides on it -- guy came into the shop and said --boy they dont make cars like they used to and hit that brand new panel with his closed fist--right in the middle-- caved the dam thing in about an inch-- i walked out of the shop --and didnt touch the car for over a month--

1 - 6 of 6 Posts