Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is someone on this board that makes them, I tried to find the topic where his email addy is, but it must be too old. So hopfully he'll respond soon.

Good Luck, Rob

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am curoius to see what these look like if anyone has pictures of them.

I plan on designing and building my own - if there is any interest it may be worth making some sets up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i would be interested in a set as long as they cross fit a 68 convertable. its not quite heavy enough.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I had to bring this back up. I will be getting my 69 back from the body shop soon and plan to fab something up if I can't find some pre-cut. Advice,tips or pics from anyone who has already done it are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've got a home made set on my '68 conv't, by the previous owner, all he did was use 2" square tubing. The main piece is welded to the rear subframe and along the rocker, then at the front all he did was weld a short section on top of the main section and welded that to the front subframe. Probably not the best setup but it does work really good, the body on my conv't is very stiff.

·
Registered
908 Posts
This is 2x3 box tubing, it goes from the spring mount in the back up to the front frame rail.

This was cheap, easy, and really stiffened up the car.

Just something to consider, hope it helps.

Greg

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thanks for the ideas and pics. When I get the car back I will stick the engine back in and get it up on the lift. Then I'll have a better idea of what I'm up against. I happen to have about 60' of 2" square tubing. Hopefully I can finally use it for something.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Greg,

Do you have any pics of where it attaches to the rear subframe?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jeffhynes on 4/25/07 3:03pm ]</font>

·
Registered
908 Posts
I do have pics, but since I moved my leaf springs inboard of the frame rail I 'm not sure how helpful they'd be.

If the springs were in the stock location, I would have simpy algled the 2x3 outboard a little to meet the rear frame rail.

Greg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts