Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one have one hear do you know how much they weigh i just bought a nice one and im thinking big cubes and a 5 spd.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have reduced my 68 to 2800 pounds. Then again it is no longer street legal. If you plan on drag racing the car remove the heavy grill and make a fake grill out of sheet aluminum and put a decal on it so no one can really tell the difference. Here is a picture of my car with a fake grill that I made and had a decal made for it. Now tell me is it real or is it fake?????

·
Registered
508 Posts
My '67 weighs about 3350 with a full tank of gas, about 150 lbs of subwoofer in the trunk, and aluminum heads and intake on the motor. FWIW

·
Registered
63 Posts
it's also got 49-51 weight distibution.. damn i miss my cougars! i had 2 of them. one in 1987 (a 196
and in 88 i had a 1967. my 68 with a transplanted 351. i haven't seen a 67 or 68 around in years. a friend of mine has a 69 but imo i like the 7's and 8's.

·
Registered
63 Posts
no, really it's not worth keeping..

SELL IT TO ME!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Blown,

Just out of curiousity, if the car has a factory AC setup you might save some weight be removing it and installing a non-ac setup if you want to retain the heating at least.

Ps. if it has AC and you want to get rid of the setup, PM me I'm looking for a setup for my mustang.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts