Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so while driving it yesterday my signal lights stopped...signaling.
so far ive:
checked/changed all fuses,(everything else works on that fuse)
changed signal relay
wiring/connection looks good.

what im about to do:
check bulbs/grounds
check connections on signal switch in steering columns.

whats else could it be? thanks

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Good start, report back... will try and help YOU too... lol another thread is t/s related also...

Actually first thought when i saw this thread was ohhh heelllll not another one... ;)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fixed em, not sure how. there is short somewhere under the dash. havnt located it yet.

odd thing is the rear light, when the blinker is on, are revered. left is right right is left. in front they are correct. i didnt touch the wireing. i assume it was like this when i bought it.

any ideas where the wires would be crossed. i assume somewhere after they branch off heading to the rear.

crazy never seen this before.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I have seen that before, but cant remember the actual cause. First I would check and make sure someone hasnt whacked into the rear lights for a trailer plug, if so disconnect it and test. Other wise,
1. someone replaced t/s and got the rears crossed putting them in connector.
2. someone has cut/spliced the harness going to the rears and gotten the 2 wires 'crossed'.

There shouldnt be more than 5 wires or possibly just 4. Left signal. Right signal. running(tail/parking lights). reverse light. and maybe 1 for tag/clearance lights, altho usually those are all tied into the tail lights.... This is the harness for the REAR of the truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts