Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats needed ? anyone do it ? Im not sure if I need any lifts of funky parts to make it fit right ... can anyone push me in the right direction .... thanks

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
If you want to stick to factory buckets, you will need em complete with mounting rails, but the stock buckets are damn uncomfortable, more like those seats you sit on in school!
for an easy fit, look in the import section of your local wreckers
I got a pair of Accura Type R buckets, so comfortable with lumbar support, reclining backs, seat bottom adjustable & the seat mount rails fit the early Fairlane, with just one bolt hole to drill. (fr.driver side)
I did switch out the oval shaped doughnut style head rests for the much smaller honda Civis, slip right in orig, holes.
the scale of them fits the car perfectly, & i;ve had lots of people ask what aftermarket company they came from.
If you get real lucky you might even find em in your color
All for 45 bucks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Kind of like Roger said if you're not really going for the factory look then pick up a set of seats you find comfortable at your local yard. Personally I went with buckets out of a 89 Camaro (hate if you want) and they work just perfect for me. Couple seat covers and nobody's the wiser. Still to this day nobody's caught on that I put Chevy seats in my ford.

·
Registered
440 Posts
most comfortable bucket seats that you will find at a pick n pull is the one from a chevy cavalier. just make sure you get them from a 2 door car. they have more adjustments that the ones from a 4 door. either will work though

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm new to the fairlane world but I got 2002 Mercedes black buckets in mine. Had a local shop guy weld the brackets on. They are great. Got em from a wrecker yard.

·
Registered
203 Posts
whats needed ? anyone do it ? Im not sure if I need any lifts of funky parts to make it fit right ... can anyone push me in the right direction .... thanks
For a factory install:

- Buckets
- Seat Tracks
- Seat risers (2) and Seat Supports (2 under the car)
- Weld-in Bucket-Seat Only Floor Support Brace
- Front Seat Belts I believe are different as well

For non-factory install:

You will still need a spacer and floor reinforcement for the rear, inboard seat stud for both seats. The spacer is needed because that section of the floor sits in a different plane from the other three. Correct factory spacers are crazy expensive and if you don't need original, I would make my own. You will also want to reinforce the front inboard hole for the same reason. The outboard holes are already reinforced since the bench seat used them, so nothing needs to be done with them.

Hope this helps.

Paul

1969 R-Code, 4-Speed, Drag-Pack Cobra Fastback Project
1967 Mercury Commuter Wagon w/mild 429

My Car Restoration Projects

1 - 6 of 6 Posts