Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first thread on this forum, my girlfriend just gave me a 68 Falcon project. So this will be my first Ford project. so far the Body seems to be pretty solid. interior is in fair condition, new fuel lines, and new tires, so far only issue with the car is it has a knock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The interior seems to be in decent shape, head liner is held up by scotch tape and fishing line. and Dash board is as I would expect. Hopefully i can find a decent dash but i think i'll focus on getting the engine in tip top shape

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled the head off to see if i could get a peek at the cylinders to get an idea of the work I had ahead. I have some carbon build up but piston heads and cylinder walls seem to look okay so far. but We'll see when I tear it all down.

Okay tore this bad boy apart :D Rod bearings are showing some signs of oil starvation.

I think i found the knock. ****ty crank, failed bearings...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been shooting some ideas back and forth in my head while trying not to break my bank. My original plan was to just throw a new crank in, maybe some new pistons, connecting rods, and have the block dipped. but i also have some other ideas....

I was thinking I could take an easier route and look into getting a short or long block and get this old girl back on the road a little quicker.

Then again what would be the fun in that right? so now I'm thinking of getting a stroker kit. Now my issue here is I've never attempted to stroke out an engine. and I dont have an extensive engine building background. but if I dont try I'll never really know...

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
11 Posts
depends on the value you put on knowledge, learning and mistakes go hand in hand more often than not, Thats why we have teachers. Find yourself a friend with experience and inlist their help. Read as much as you can, and your in the right place for answers to questions. good luck alwas wanted one, but wanted my 68 torino more, will follow this one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts