Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 68 Fastback Mustang is my Drag car for now. It has a 302 with 289 heads, Torker intake with 750 vacuum secondary Holley. Tranny is a C4 with 3500 stahl, 31 spline 9 inch with 4.71 gears and a mini spool. The car runs 8.85's in the 1/8th mile on street tires. A pair of Hoosier quick pro DOT's are in it's future. I run this car in the Nostalgia drags. I only got to drag race once last year and hope to make it to more this year. Here are some pics of it. Let me warn you, It is not pretty. I want to do a Barn Find Cobra Jet look to it soon.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have never seen a ugly mustang . Looks pretty good to me. Just take alittle effort to make it look REAL good.
X2! Primer and a little surface rust add character!

What kind of 60ft times are you running?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the compliments. I am gonna put the Gran Torino on the 1/4 mile strip at Bristol in June at the All Ford Fun Weekend. I think my 60 foot times are around 1.95. I hope to cut those down with some trction though. I wish I was taking the Mustang to Bristol but that is our Gran Torino Meet for this year.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is what I have so far. I put the paint and Cobra Jet Hood on it. Getting ready to run May 12th in Hardinsburg. June 2nd in Owensboro, Ky and June 9th at Ohio Valley for Mustang Night,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts