1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
Cool, but the 1 of 1 bullschart pisses in my corn flakes.

One of one due to color combo or the vinyl top is retarded in my pov.

Maybe I'm just stupid, but one of one means ONE MADE, not 16,650 made and only this one had an upside down trunk key or whatever.... :(

This car is a very nicely kept car though! And it's simply beautiful.

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Wow that is a lovely car.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The car looks amazing just makes one wonder what the same year, buckets, counsel etc is worth in same condition...I have always been searching for the amount of 68 xl's with 4 speeds were produced, havent had much luck but I know that it wasnt many! Anyone have any numbers on this?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just wound up w/ a 68 xl hardtop that I plan on using as a parts car for my 68 conv.

The sad thing is the car I picked up is a 428, w/factory a/c, and disc brake car, and in reality alot cleaner than my conv.........

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
insane1, if your not just yankin' our chains, I'd say you aught to seriously consider fixing up that XL instead of parting it out.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Cool, but the 1 of 1 bullschart pisses in my corn flakes.

One of one due to color combo or the vinyl top is retarded in my pov.

Maybe I'm just stupid, but one of one means ONE MADE, not 16,650 made and only this one had an upside down trunk key or whatever.... :(

This car is a very nicely kept car though! And it's simply beautiful.
I agree with Gary on this exclusive, 1 of 1 stuff. My radio delete car with dual aerials must pretty rare too, eh? I doubt there were many made like that. I suppose if I thought it would make it appear more valuable, I'd use it too.

·
Registered
188 Posts
insane1, if your not just yankin' our chains, I'd say you aught to seriously consider fixing up that XL instead of parting it out.
Trust me no yankin here..got better things to do than to just make up stuff...but I really need the parts for the conv. and with 15 cars now I don't need another project, so the xl will be a parts car for me.

Car is a 428 xl, but someone unfortunally pulled the motor/trans before I got it. Too bad cause it's a pretty clean, rust free car, which is what I need for the conv..

I've already pulled the front disc brakes and installed on the conv. and put the conv.'s drums on my 57 ranchero I'm building. The conv. is a simi daily driver so the drum brakes worked great ,and it was just an easy way to get the ranchero a little closer to getting done.

The xl came w/ a great set of extra doors that'll go on the conv. but going to pull the front clip, deck lid, cut the quarters and trunk pan from the xl for the conv.Then going to use whatever else I need, but will bolt up all the stuff from the conv. back on the xl and will sell it off.

I'm sure someone will need the parts I don't use, or can use some of my old stuff.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have always been searching for the amount of 68 xl's with 4 speeds were produced, havent had much luck but I know that it wasnt many! Anyone have any numbers on this?
I'm thinking of getting a Marti report for dad's XL. Since it's got a 390 / auto, we should be able to subtract that production number from the total and get a rough estimate of those with 4spds. (I think the 4spds were only available with 390 or bigger engines.)

·
Registered
160 Posts
How about the four speed 390 hardtops, i know manual cars for 68 in general (mustang excluded) were very rare.....Mine was a 390 four speed, unfortunatly motor was gone when i got to it....but i threw a 429, and now a built 460 in, and on wensday my 6 speed trans gets here so im excited about that, but i would still be interested to hear the numbers...even more confusing about my xl was the only options it came with was 8 track and power brakes, everything else is manual, steering, windows, mirror, etc.....it is very odd!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts