Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just looking for a bit of advice. I recently bought my galaxie back from when I was 16. But it came back with no motor, trans, or wiring harness. So I'm looking to get hopefully a fuel injected engine to put back in it. Does anyone have a good suggestion on a motor that I can get that will fit reasonably well with little modifications to make it fit? I don't know a lot about engines. I'm a body man.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congratulations on getting your baby back, I’ve still got my high school truck. worked all summer of 1981 for it drive it home and threw a rod one and only time if drove it my some day 1951 ford f-1

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
You can convert any engine to EFI with bolt on throttle body kits these days, so it could be easy. I'm assuming you were thinking of a junk yard engine, so that would make a small block the most prevalent and likely easiest swap. What engine was in the car when you had it? If it had a small block, then any small should be an easy fit. A 5.0 from a Mustang, a 5.8 from a truck could all work. You have a blank slate, so you could make anything work, probably even a Mopar Hellcrate, but big work and big money.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Because of the weight of the car I would look for a 5.8 (aka 351 W) used in 90's Ford trucks you will be able to use the mounts shown here,part numbers are listed: https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/media/albums/289-302-351w-swap-mounts.41498/ You will have to convert to a front sump oil pan the 4RW70 is a strong transmission used with the 5.8 so you will want to get all the harnesses from the donor to control the trans and the F.I.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts