Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can already tell that I'm not going to be able to afford having someone weld in New floor pans. From what I'm seeing, that job could run $7k-$10k to have it done right. I have one golf ball size hole in the driver's floorboard and one in the passenger. I guess my question is, do you guys have any suggestions as a patch that I can cover with carpet. I've been thinking of just covering it with an old license plate and carpeting over it. Any ideas would be helpful. Or maybe a much less expensive method. It doesn't have to be pretty or perfect, just something effective

·
Registered
418 Posts
You can buy pieces of thin metal at most hardware stores. If the areas to be patched are irregular (bends, etc.), then you can make a template out of cardboard and bend and cut it to fit, then use that to trace onto the metal. Drill and attach with pop rivets, and cover the patch on both sides with undercoating.

Pat

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can buy pieces of thin metal at most hardware stores. If the areas to be patched are irregular (bends, etc.), then you can make a template out of cardboard and bend and cut it to fit, then use that to trace onto the metal. Drill and attach with pop rivets, and cover the patch on both sides with undercoating.

Pat
Perfect thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts