Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out how to set up the shoulder belt on the front seats my 68 galaxie. In terms of the belts, I have two female buckles and one male buckle to the right of the driver. To the left of the passenger I have 3 female buckles.

My best guess is that an additional male buckle would be bolted under the retractable buckle. The retractable male buckle would be used for the shoulder strap and the additional male buckle underneath would be used for the lap belt. Can anyone confirm if this is correct? When I bought my car this is how the buckles were set up, but the shoulder belts weren't in use.

· Registered
3,093 Posts
Do you have the shoulder belts? It would seem that the shoulder belt has a male end and clips into it's own buckle. The leftovers are for a centre lap belt.

· Registered
56 Posts
Originally mine had non-retractable male shoulder belts attached to the roof rail and male retracting lap belts between the doors and the seats. The female belts 2 pair were bolted on each side of the tunnel. Note, this car has bucket seats so a bench may have been configured differently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts