Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trim piece on the front of my hood was loose and I wanted something to take with me for reference when I went to get paint for my wheels. So I took that off. But when I turned the nut on the studs the nut just kind of turned the clips that hold the trim piece on. The trim pieces kind of stick into this kind of tacky stuff that is in the trim piece. I can't quite figure out how to reattach the piece and I'm missing one of the clip things. Can anyone tell me how the clips work and where I can buy replacements? Hood looks pretty bad without it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FYI, I found clips like the clips in the link at Murray's Auto Parts, which is owned by CSK so you should be able to get them at those as well I would think. They are on the rotating fastener racks, in both stores by me those are at the back on an end rack across from the counter. Auto Zone definitely did not have them. Anyway, they come in packs of 2 for $1.99 a pack, nuts and washers not included. The clips work great to hold the molding on the front of the hood. I had to go to two stores as it takes 6 clips and each store only had 2 packages.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts