Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually like to mix elements like retro styling with modern features ( power everything, performance,handling) like I said before I am a mopar guy but right now im building up a 68 montego mx, I have plans on shaving all the trim on the lower panel and fenders making it clean removing the vinyl roof and etc. The grill and grill trim is almost mint as well as the fender trim but I was thinking of blacking out the grill...is this a good idea? or is finding a chrome grill for this car in mint condition rare? Also I was thinking about fitting some 18 inch rims on there with a nice deep lip, anyone have tire size recommendations for me? I also want some side wall! Does anyone know where I can get the 2 hood stripes for 68-69 montego/cyclone,
just so you know my taste this is an example of my last car I have completed:
78 360 Chrysler Cordoba:

you can see the specs on this car here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3131452

I just had to post these up so you can see the direction im taking the mercury..think more foose and less pimp for this car. Something along the lines of this:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Other then changing to a 69 grille, it is awesome the way it is.. I have never liked the 68 grille. uuuugggllllyyyy. Good Grilles aren't that hard to find. Haven't looked in a while but they are a few on ebay. I hope my car turns out as nice as that.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Here's a suggestion if you want to keep the 68 grille.

On my 69 Cyclone GT, I painted the headlamp rims flat black to match the black in the grille bars.

Made a big difference.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a suggestion if you want to keep the 68 grille.

On my 69 Cyclone GT, I painted the headlamp rims flat black to match the black in the grille bars.

Made a big difference.
Great Idea paint is so permanant, so i bought a whole roll of 24 inch by 8feet sign vinyl so I can cover it in black first and see how it looks

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I made a typo.

My Cyclone GT was a 68.

Headlamp doors stick way out on the 68, and blacking them out took away the "eyeglasses" look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts