Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My '68 Montego 4 dr has some rust in the lower quarter panels. I would love to buy patch panels, but cannot find any (if you know where I can get some, by all means, post a link). I found what appears to be a '69 Montego that seems to be rust free (aka, quarter panels are good).

So a few questions:

1. Will a 2 door lower quarter panel work on a 4 door?
2. Will the '69 lower quarter panel work on a '68?
3. Any other vehicles I could look for the quarters from that should work?

Any help or sources where you think I could find the parts would be awesome.

·
Registered
196 Posts
you will proably hate me but i am about to cut up a nos ford montego right side full quarter panel 69 for my 69 cj cyclone because i cannot find fastback rear quarters.i bought it off ebay 3 yrs ago and am still looking for the drivers side. 68-69 are pretty much the same and can be made to fit easily.if you have 69 montego parts or know where i can get some let me know im in limbo for parts right now.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you will proably hate me but i am about to cut up a nos ford montego right side full quarter panel 69 for my 69 cj cyclone because i cannot find fastback rear quarters.i bought it off ebay 3 yrs ago and am still looking for the drivers side. 68-69 are pretty much the same and can be made to fit easily.if you have 69 montego parts or know where i can get some let me know im in limbo for parts right now.
I don't hate you... Envy would be a better word. LOL I understand you got to do what you got to do. I am currently at that point where I am starting to look for something because I hope to find something to cut out and weld in over having to custom make the panel... The driverside of mine might be fine/easy to custom make as all the rust through seems to be below the body line/crease and behind the fender crease. Passenger side is the one that goes up above the body line AND into the fender crease.

Here are pictures of my car I am trying to replace panels on:

I currently have a source for '69 Montego with both quarter panels (unknown condition) and a possible other source with both a '68 and '69 Montego quarter panels ('68's appear solid, but some surface rust and possibly lip rust; 69's appear completely solid).

'69 Montego unknown condition:

'68 with surface rust and possible lip rust (lip rust might be far enough forward not to affect for what I need), in pictures can see some rust at bottom but hard to tell how bad:

'69 that appears REALLY solid... This is the one I am currently in contact with:

·
Registered
196 Posts
the green 69 looks like it has a lot of parts i could use i need a grill hoood quarter trunk pans and a lot more.if you are not buying parts off it i would appreciate some info on its location so i could purshase some parts off it.thanks kelly. ps if its just the lower rear quarter thans rusted i would just patch it properly and not replace the quarter its a lot less work and money and orig is better.unfortunately my car is way beyond patching.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, after talking with the guy that would be doing the work, he said it would be easier (and probably cheaper) to just have him make patch panels.

Will send you a PM next week with the location of the the green car, hopefully you can get the parts you need.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Kooter what parts are you looking for and are you close to Missouri

·
Registered
196 Posts
drivers side rear quarter,hood ,69 grill,for starters.also engine comp wiring harness, and trunk harness.just bouhgt the trunk section from a donor car.and no i am near niagara falls ny so i would have to pay for shipping.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I still have a couple of 69 grills if you interested let me know. Everything else went last week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
:confused:Hi all, I'm helping my 16 year old son on his first car he purchased 2 wks ago.1968 merc comet 2door sports coupe.he needs a right rear quarter panel or 1/2 lower with wheel to bumper section And a good straight rear bumper.yup a florida to NY car.HE WANTS TO SAVE HER WITHA PART TIME JOB.CAN ANY ONE HELP WITH THIS?THE MONTEGO IS THE SAME BODY MINUS BODY TRIM 68-69 YEARS...father/son project in need of help!!!!!please send prices.thank you dad G.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry it took me forever to get back to this post. Still need a grill? If your looking for body parts try allamericanclassics.com they had some stuff. I have a few grills but I don't think any of them are close to show type quality. I have parts of quarters and floor pan from 69 4dr and a whole front clip for a 69, but they aren't perfect either

PM me

George

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ben ,Thanks for your help my son & I really appriciate it.Do you have any pict's of the quarter off the 4 dr.I'm a old body man so not a problem making do.lol..I need from from behind passenger wheel to end & just above lower body line.approx. 10'' to 12''from bottom to top.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't hate you... Envy would be a better word. LOL I understand you got to do what you got to do. I am currently at that point where I am starting to look for something because I hope to find something to cut out and weld in over having to custom make the panel... The driverside of mine might be fine/easy to custom make as all the rust through seems to be below the body line/crease and behind the fender crease. Passenger side is the one that goes up above the body line AND into the fender crease.

Here are pictures of my car I am trying to replace panels on:

I currently have a source for '69 Montego with both quarter panels (unknown condition) and a possible other source with both a '68 and '69 Montego quarter panels ('68's appear solid, but some surface rust and possibly lip rust; 69's appear completely solid).

'69 Montego unknown condition:

'68 with surface rust and possible lip rust (lip rust might be far enough forward not to affect for what I need), in pictures can see some rust at bottom but hard to tell how bad:

'69 that appears REALLY solid... This is the one I am currently in contact with:

Hi,
I know this is an old thread, but where is that junkyard with the montegos? I'm always looking for parts for my 69. (don't tell my wife) What I am currently looking for is a serviceable hardtop roof that I can cut patch panels from. I have lots of trim parts horded away in my basement,. Actually I have about half of a 69 convertible under my basement stairs (thus the reason for not telling my wife) lol. My wife will be out of town for about a month at the end of the month, so I might be able to sneak up and get some more parts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi,
I know this is an old thread, but where is that junkyard with the montegos? I'm always looking for parts for my 69. (don't tell my wife) What I am currently looking for is a serviceable hardtop roof that I can cut patch panels from. I have lots of trim parts horded away in my basement,. Actually I have about half of a 69 convertible under my basement stairs (thus the reason for not telling my wife) lol. My wife will be out of town for about a month at the end of the month, so I might be able to sneak up and get some more parts
I think they were all at the same yard... But looks like they only have the green one left of the ones that I posted previously.

Site is: CTC Auto Ranch Parts Cars Mercury

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Correct me if im wrong but can you put mercury cyclone front fenders on a 1969 Mercury Montego mx 4 door?? If they are close to the same year like around a 68 or 69 because the grills match up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts