Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Hoping someone can help me. I live in Perth Western Australia. I have a 68 Mustang coupe 347 stroker with RHS Pro Action 200 Alloy heads, C4 auto, factory power steer, still left hand drive. I currently have a set of long tube headers but I have been told they are too small in the primary's and I am losing HP with these. I have been told I need 1 5/8 or bigger 1 3/4 primary's. I can't seem to find anyone that can help over here and was wondering if anyone has been through this. The main difference with the RHS heads are the spark plug location, making it hard to find something that will suit. I have sent an email to RHS however have not had any reply. Thanks for any info or who I might be able to contact, very much appreciated.
Cheers.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I don't think RHS is going to be much help. I tried to get some information from them some months ago and I got the maybe it will fit maybe not routine.

That being said, I would be really surprised if bigger headers were worth more than 10 or 15 hp. I went from the cheapest junk 1 1/2" headers to a good set of 1 3/4 headers and picked up maybe 0.10 seconds in the quarter mile. This was on a 302 many years ago. If you are running through the mufflers, I doubt that you would see even that much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. The headers I currently have fitted are a bit ordinary as prior to me someone has used a hammer in some spots, I figured if I get another set I would like to get the right set rather than get a set that need the hammer adjustment. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts