Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be doing a 1" shelby drop on my 68 torino and was thinking about using grab a trak 620 springs for a 68 mustang. They claim it Will lower 1" in the mustang, Will it lower more in a torino? I am worried that when combined with the shelby drop it Will be too low. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
802 Posts
I did the same thing on my 69, not sure exactly how much it lowered it but I would say 1.5" or so total. Be aware that unless you are running after market upper control arms you will need to do some minor shock tower "massaging" on the drivers side once you lower the control arms to get them to clear. I'd be happy to measure from the ground to wheel well molding if that would help. I run 245 40 18's up front.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info 420. I Will order the front springs then.

Also, how did you go about lowering the rear? The stance is perfect. I got 17 x 8s i am puting on not sure on what size tires as the car is curently getting the borgeson power steering installed.

Your car is eeriely similar to mine and my plans for it. That is if I can ever find a shift plate.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Thanks for the info 420. I Will order the front springs then.

Also, how did you go about lowering the rear? The stance is perfect. I got 17 x 8s i am puting on not sure on what size tires as the car is curently getting the borgeson power steering installed.

Your car is eeriely similar to mine and my plans for it. That is if I can ever find a shift plate.
The rear was mini tubbed and the leafs were replaced with a DSE 4 link.
Before it was minitubbed, I had used lowered leafs and had 17x9.5's with 5.5" backspacing with 285 40s.

·
Registered
130 Posts
"I had used lowered leafs" Torino420 can you "splain this for me?

Back when I had my 68 tubbed out 32 years ago 4 links where not used or I was not aware of them.

My 68 fastback was for the strip and has either 6 cylinder or small block coils on the front and re arched leafs in the back. This has a 428 in it.

90/10's in the front and 50/50 shocks in the rear.

The leaf spring mounts and ladder bars are adjustable and I want to lower the rear.

In case you want to see it here it is:

1968 Ford Torino - YouTube

1 - 8 of 8 Posts